If you forgot windows 7 administrator password, and you don’t have any password reset disk or third-party password recovery software. Don’t worry still you can reset your windows 7 administrator password.
We can easily reset forgot Windows 7 administrator password with command prompt.
If you don’t mind spending some money, I recommend you to buy Reset Password Pro which resets any windows password. It can reset admin or user account password. Don’t want to spend money continue reading this article.
In this article I am sharing simple steps to reset forgot windows 7 administrator password using command prompt.
- Read:how to create password reset disk
- speed up chrome.
- Increase internet speed.
- Whatsapp messenger for pc.
Forgot windows 7 administrator password : How to reset?
- Insert windows 7 installation disc in cd drive. Restart your system.
- System will boot with windows installation disc. Wait few minutes for loading setup files.
- You will see “choose the language screen”. Select your language. Click next.
- Now you will see install windows screen. Click on repair your computer.
- Select the drive on which the OS has been installed. Click next.
- Now you will see the list of recovery tools. Click on command prompt at the bottom of this list.
- Now the command prompt window will appear. In the command prompt window, type below commands.
- Type copy c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe c:\ and press enter.
- Type copy /y c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe and press enter.
- Type exit and press enter.
Now you have successfully replaced sticky keys with command prompt. Now restart your computer and wait for the logon screen. Press shift button for five times. The command prompt window will open instead of activate sticky keys.
- Type “net user” (space between “net” and “user”). Press enter.
- You will see user account names. See above screen shot. I have two accounts, j.narayana1984 as administrator account and hemanth as guest account. You can reset administrator or any other user password.
- Type net user hemanth *(replace hemanth with your account name). Press enter. Here I am going to reset password for hemanth account.
- Type your new password and press enter.
- Retype your password. Press enter.
- Type exit and press enter.
Now you can log in into your system with new password. You need to roll back your system to previous state.
- Insert windows 7 installation disc in cd drive. Boot from DVD. Follow above steps from 1 to 7 to open command prompt.
- Now you have command prompt with admin privileges.
- Type copy /y c:\sethc.exe c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe and press enter.
- Type exit and press enter. Reboot your computer.
Still if you see any issue, I recommend you to buy reset password pro. It will reset or remove any windows admin or user account password. It will come with 60 days money back guarantee, so you need not to worry about purchase.
Thanks for reading my article Forgot windows 7 administrator password. If you like this article do me favor by sharing this article with your friends.