Do you want to Add number format to word document on Mac? Do you want to include Chapter number & page numbering in a Microsoft Word Document? You can achieve it very easily with the below steps.
Pagination plays an important role in the Word documentation standards. Along with this many important features lies in the Word. Number Format, include Chapter number & page numbering are the features available that are related to Pagination. Number Format gives the options to be chosen for the format of the number 1,2,3; a,b,c, etc. Chapter number also can be added to the document. Page numbering will ask for the place from where to start the numbering.
How to Add number format to word document on Mac?
Follow the below steps on how to add Number Format, include Chapter number & page numbering to a Microsoft Word Document on Mac.
1. Click on the Spotlight search at the right corner from the menu bar.
2. You enter ‘Microsoft Word’ in the Spotlight search and click on it which opens the Word application.
3. Create the new Word document from the File menu.
4. Select Insert Menu on the top menu bar, select the ‘Page Numbers’ option from the menu.
5. A ‘Page Numbers’ window will appear shown below.
6. Choose the position to start from the ‘Position’ menu in the window. This will decide location for the page numbers to display whether it is at the top or bottom.
7. ‘Bottom of the page (Footer)’ will be the default, which indicates page number appears at the bottom of each & every page in the word document.
8. Suppose if you select ‘Top of page (Header)’, then it indicates page number appears at the top of each & every page in the word document.
9. Alignment drop-down will decide the position for the numbers to display either left or right etc.
10. Select any option from the drop-down: Left or Center or Right for the position of page number in word document.
11. Inside or Outside options will be used specifically for the bound documents.
12. The checkbox ‘Show number on first page’ will be checked/selected by default. Suppose you want to hide the number from displaying it for first page, then uncheck it.
13. Click on ‘Format’ button and a ‘Page Number Format’ window will open with variety of options to choose.
14. Number Format menu will allow you to choose the format you wish like ‘1,2,3..’ or ‘a,b,c’ or ‘I, II, III’ etc.
15. Page Numbering will allow you to choose the number from where to start whether from the previous section or at a particular position to start.
16. Check the checkbox ‘Include chapter number’ to have the customized headings for your word document.
17. Once all the changes are done, then click on the ‘OK’ button to save and apply the changes to the document.
- Next Topic to Read : How to Add Page Numbers to a Microsoft Word document
- 9 Best Ways to Improve Mac Performance and Speed
Now you got the answer on how to Add number format to word document on Mac. If this tutorial helped you, please share it and follow us on social media please like us on Facebook or Twitter. Subscribe to WhatVwant channel on YouTube for regular updates.