Here is the simple trick to Turn off Facebook chat. Facebook has a feature to Turn off Facebook chat for all friends and you can also turn on chat for some of your friends. This is a very helpful feature. Because you can disable the chat feature for unnecessary friends and you can enable chat only for important friends. You can also see Facebook help section for details.
Sometimes turning off Facebook chat is a must. Especially, if you have a large number of friends, there is a chance that you will get too many chat messages. These messages will disturb your work on Facebook. Those messages will cover half of your screen. When anyone see your status as live, they will send a message. If you hide your live status, no one will send a message. Even if you are working on Facebook, you can hide your live status.
- Read: Quick tip to disable Facebook email notifications
- How to accept all Facebook friend requests at once
Procedure to Turn off Facebook chat
- Login in to your Facebook account. You will see your friend’s status on the right side.
- Go to the chat area in the right bottom corner shows that in the below screenshot.
- Click on the Settings symbol in the chat area shows that in the above screenshot. You will see the options.
- Click “Turn Off Chat”. You will see the below figure.
You can select an option and click Ok. If you select the first option, you will never get chat messages. If you select the second option, you have to enter some of your friend’s names in the field. Then you can get chat messages only from those friends.
Thanks for reading my trick about Turn off Facebook chat. If you know any other Facebook trick, do share in the comment section. If you like my article, do me favor by sharing it with your friends and follow WhatVwant on Facebook and Twitter for more tips.