Here is the simple trick to Turn off Facebook chat. Facebook has a feature to Turn off Facebook chat for all friends and you can also turn on chat for some of your friends. This is very helpful feature. Because, you can disable chat feature for unnecessary friends and you can enable chat only for important friends. You can also see Facebook help section for details.
Some times turning off Facebook chat is must. Especially, if you have large number of friends, there is chance that you will get too many chat messages.These message will disturb your work in Facebook. Those messages will cover half of your screen. When any one see your status as live, they will send a message. If you hide your live status, no one will send a message. Even if you are working on Facebook, you can hide your live status.
- Read : Quick tip to disable Facebook email notifications
- How to accept all Facebook friend requests at once
Procedure to Turn off Facebook chat
- Login into your Facebook account. You will see your friend’s status in right side.
- Go to the chat area in right bottom corner shows that in below screenshot.
- Click on Settings symbol in chat area shows that in above screenshot. You will see options.
- Click “Turn Off Chat”. You will see below figure.
You can select any option and click Ok. If you select first option, you will never get chat messages. If you select second option, you have to enter some of your friend’s name in the field. Then you can get chat messages only from those friends.
Thanks for reading my trick about Turn off Facebook chat. If you know any other Facebook trick, do share in comment section. If you like my article, do me favor by sharing it with your friends.