What is Udemy?
Udemy is an online learning platform aimed to adult professionals who want to add new skills to their resume, or want to explore their passions. This platform helps professionals, creating courses that can be offered to the public, either with tuition fee or no charge. It is providing tools that allow the users to make a course, promote the course, and earn money from the charges of student tuition. There are no Udemy courses that are currently credentialed for the college credit, with students taking courses widely as a means of improving skills that are related to their job.
Some classes generate credit into technical certification. In line with this, Udemy has made an individual effort of attracting corporate trainers who seek to build coursework for the employees of their company. With the Udemy’s course development tools, they can upload video, audio, PDFs, PowerPoint presentations, live classes, and zip files to be able to create courses. Instructors may also engage and interact with users through discussion boards online.
The courses are offered all over a wide range of categories, which include entrepreneurship, arts, music, business, fitness and health, academics, technology, and language. Most of the classes are in practical subjects through an iPhone camera or an Excel software. The application is also offering thousands of training courses on different topics, ranging from office productivity, management, design, and marketing strategies, to digital marketing, and more. When you have Udemy for business, you can make custom learning portals for corporate training. Udemy is offering free and paid courses depending on the instructor.
The instructor compensation from tuition will depend on according to those who have invested in marketing to be able to attract students to the Udemy. You can earn 97% of all your tuition revenue if your reputation or marketing is attracting the students. Udemy remains 50 percent of the earnings when the student has been drawn by the marketing and other coursework by the website.
- You May Like:What is Microsoft office 365?
Key Features of Udemy
- Free or low-cost tuition: There is an estimated 10% of courses that are offered by Udemy for free, while the other offered courses are priced under 200 dollars, although there are exceptions to other courses that cost up to a thousand dollars, these are rare.
- A Large variety of course offerings: Udemy is currently offering 15 broad categories of courses that range from music to software development with as much as 15 subcategories under every first category.
- Instant access: As soon as you are enrolled, you will have immediate access to the courses that they have selected, because all of the course materials, including financial templates, checklists, PDFs, and guidelines are available online and prerecorded for easy download to any online device.
- No mandatory prequalification to take any course: Students will be able to ta take any courses that may pose any interest in them.
Other features are the lifetime access to the course enrolled, certificate of completion, access to prior student ratings and reviews, instructors have professional and practical knowledge, and more.
Udemy frequently runs promotional offers. Sometimes they give an offer that charges flat $10 or $15 per any course. Even if the course costs you $200, you will get that for just $10 or $15 during the promotional period. So before going to buy any course from Udemy, please visit WhatVwants Udemy discount coupon page for latest offers.
- Next Topic to Read: Udemy Competitors: 5 Online course websites like Udemy