Need proxies for web scraping? This tutorial will give you best practices for selecting the proxies and the best proxies for web scraping
How to select best-performing proxies
Here are 7 basic best practices for selecting the best-performing proxies:
- There are different types of proxies. Residential, mobile, ISP, data center, Socks5, and others. Not every proxy fits every use case, and you want to select the right one (and if you don’t have the time to figure it out, choose a provider that understands your use case and can support you). Since residential proxies provide genuine IP addresses that are less likely to be detected and blocked, they are considered to be the best for web scraping.
- Rotation of IP addresses: The best proxy providers rotate their IP addresses after a certain number of requests or intervals of time. In this way, the website being scraped is prevented from detecting and blocking the scraper.
- Location: Depending on the website being scraped, you’ll need to use proxies located in specific regions or countries so that your IP doesn’t get blocked. Providers should offer proxies in the locations you need, so be careful when choosing a provider because not all of them have comprehensive geographic coverage.
- Speed: Proxy speeds should be high enough to ensure a timely and efficient scraping process, especially for large-scale data scraping.
- Reliability: Ensure your proxy provider offers reliable, stable, and high-uptime proxies. You don’t want your provider stalling in the middle of your scraping project because their IPs are poorly-sourced.
- Price: When selecting a proxy provider, think about your budget and how many proxies you will need. But also remember: cheap proxies may ultimately cost you in the long run.
- Customer Support: Look for a proxy provider that offers good customer support and is responsive to any issues or concerns you may have.
- RELATED – Proxy Server: The Complete Guide
- Top 6 Free Proxy Websites List: Best Anonymous Proxy Servers
5 Best Proxies for Web Scraping
Smartproxy offers residential proxies in over 195 locations worldwide, with a pool of over 40 million IP addresses. It offers features like city-level targeting, session control, and rotating IPs, making it suitable for a range of web automation tasks.
Oxylabs offers a residential proxy network of over 100 million IP addresses in more than 195 locations worldwide. It offers advanced features like session control, geolocation targeting, and automatic rotation of IPs, making it suitable for data scraping, market research, and other web automation tasks.
NetNut offers a residential proxy network of over 10 million IP addresses in over 50 locations worldwide. It offers features like automatic IP rotation, sticky sessions, and geolocation targeting, making it suitable for data scraping, ad verification, and other web automation tasks.
GeoSurf offers a residential proxy network of over 2 million IP addresses in more than 130 countries worldwide. It offers advanced features like session control, geolocation targeting, and IP rotation, making it suitable for web automation tasks like data scraping, ad verification, and brand protection.
5. Bright Data
Bright Data has the largest residential proxy network, with over 72 million IP addresses in more than 200 countries and territories. It offers advanced features like session control, geolocation targeting, and IP rotation, making it suitable for data scr
Ultimately, the best proxies for web scraping will depend on the specific needs and requirements of the user, but these providers are a good place to start. The best proxies for scraping are residential proxies with IP rotation, located in the right locations, fast, reliable, reasonably priced, and reliable with good customer support. Finding the best proxy provider depends on researching and comparing multiple providers.
We recommend going with Smart Proxies.
I hope this tutorial helped you to know about the 5 Best Proxies for Web Scraping. If you want to say anything, let us know through the comment sections. If you like this article, please share it and follow WhatVwant on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube for more Technical tips.
5 Best Proxies for Web Scraping – FAQs
Do I need a proxy for web scraping?
There are a number of reasons why proxies are important for data web scraping: Using a proxy (especially a pool of proxies – more on this later) allows you to crawl a website much more reliably.
How many proxies do you need for web scraping?
In order to figure out the number of proxy servers you need then, you can divide the total throughput of your web scraper (number of requests per hour) by the threshold of 500 requests per IP per hour to approximate the number of different IP addresses you’ll need.
Is Bright Data safe?
Bright Data’s residential proxy network has been taking the spotlight in the industry for quite some time now. It is one of the most reliable and trusted proxy services in the market due to its stability and highly secure infrastructure.
What is the cheapest proxy for scraping?
What is a GeoSurf proxy?
GeoSurf is an Israeli provider of proxies and web scraping tools. It can sell you access to a residential proxy network, data center and ISP proxies, a VPN, and an API to collect data from various websites.