PDF Files have become a common way of storing data nowadays. Offering all features of Word, Excel, and Access all in one PDFs are favored by many people. Extracting pages from PDF file or extracting a single page from a PDF file when you want could be a handy trick and here’s how to do it.
- Also Read: 3 Ways to Merge Multiple PDF Files Into One PDF Document
- 3 Ways to Split PDF into multiple files (Online, Offline & Free)
1. Extracting pages from PDF online Using SplitPDF ( Free )
This method will be useful for people who want to extract a particular page from a PDF once in a while and do not prefer having a dedicated application just to serve the purpose .
All you need to do is –
- You need to visit SplitPDF website
- Then just select a PDF file from either DropBox , Google Drive or Your Computer .
- Once you select the file , just enter the number of the page you want to extract in both the boxes ( Like in the image below )
- Once done with all of this just hit ‘ Split ‘ and you are good to go .
Video Tutorial: How to extract pages from PDF online
When you are in the mood to watch a video tutorial, click here. Otherwise, follow the above steps to know how things get done.
2. How to take a few pages from PDF offline Using PDFsam ( Free ) –
This method will need you to download a free software from PDFsam. This will be useful for people who are comfortable with having a dedicated application to serve the purpose.
All you need to do is –
- Download PDFsam for their Official Website
- Open it up and you will see all the functions it can perform. Select the ‘ Split ‘ function.
- Then just select the desired file and in the box enter x-x , where x is the page you want to extract
- Hit ‘ Run ‘
3. Extract pages from PDF offline Using Wondershare PDFelement ( Recommended ) –
Wondershare PDFElement is personally recommended by me as it is the very trusted program by Wondershare. Though it costs some money but is completely worth it. It is the best alternative to Adobe Acrobat reader. It is available for Windows and Mac as well. It gives almost all features for the fixed price. It comes with the lifetime license so you need not pay monthly charges. WhatVwant readers get special 20% discount through this discounted page. You can also read our complete review about Wondershare PDFElement.
All you need to do is –
Buy or Download the Free version of PDFElement. Install it. Open PDFelement and select ‘ Edit PDF ‘
Once in the editor with your PDF file , just click on pages from the menu on the top.
Once in the pages section , click on ‘ extract ‘.
In the Range section just enter the number of page you want to extract
Once done just click on ‘ Ok ‘ and save to file by clicking the ‘ Save to disk ‘ icon on the top left of the screen.
Also Read –
4.How to extract pages from PDF on Mac using Acrobat
- Open the Acrobat Reader DC.
- Click on the ‘Tools’ tab from the top main menu.
- Find and select the ‘Organize Pages’ option from the list of PDF features available.
- Sometimes, if it is not visible, then click on the ‘Show More’ option and that feature will be listed.
- You can also Open the ‘Organize Pages’ tool using the shortcut in the right pane corner. It will be visible along with other PDF tools.
- Click on the ‘Select a File’ button. You can see some text displayed above the button as ‘Delete, Insert, extract, or rotate’ pages.
- A dialog box will open once the button is clicked, then select and open the PDF file that you want to extract the pages from it.
- Select the PDF file that you wish to save one or more PDF pages into a separate PDF file.
- Click on the ‘Open’ button.
- Once the file is opened, click on the ‘Extract’ option from the top main menu.
- Extract the highlighted pages:
- Here you the option to select one page or some specific pages. When you select pages to extract, you can select a single page or a set of specific pages:
- To extract a set of consecutive pages from your PDF file, you should click on the first page you want to extract, then hold the Shift key (Windows and Mac) and click on the final page you want to extract to highlight the set.
- To extract non-consecutive pages from your PDF file, you should click a page to extract, then hold the Ctrl key in the Windows machine or Cmd key in Mac machine and click on each additional page you want to extract into a new PDF document.
- Here you will have two options to select the type of extraction you want.
- “Delete Pages after extracting”: Check this checkbox suppose if you want to remove the pages from the original PDF file upon extraction.
- “Extract pages as separate files”: Check this checkbox suppose if you want to extract only highlighted pages as a separate PDF file.
- Extract to extract the selected pages:
- Click on the blue Extract button to create a new PDF file of the highlighted pages from your selected PDF file.
- Save the extracted PDF:
- When the PDF file of extracted pages opens in a new tab, then choose File option from the top menu.
- Click on the Save or choose File and select Save As an option, and then select a file name as you wish and location for the new file to save.
- Your new PDF file with extracted pages has been saved and ready to open now!
- Related: How to convert Word, Excel, Image to PDF with a free software
- How to watermark PDF with Image
If you have limited work, you can go with the first free and online method to extract PDF files. When you regularly work with PDFs, we suggest you go with Adobe Acrobat DC. If you need the less price alternative we suggest Wondershare PDFelement.