How to create a website shortcut on desktop? Here is the answer to the question for easy to navigate WebPages. If you create a shortcut to any website or webpage, You can open a website or webpage without opening the browser. I browse the internet daily to know new ones and find solutions to my problems through search engines. I found solutions to my problems on some specific websites.
So I often visit that website by speed dial or typing URL on the address bar of the browser instead of using search engines. Speed dial is a faster way to open a website but I want to open a website easily and faster than speed dial. I thought is there any shortcut to open a website (webpage) fast and easier than speed dial, without opening a browser, typing URL or using search engines.
For this, I search in Google and I found a desktop shortcut to a website. By this solution, I open a webpage simply double-click on the website shortcut icon on desktop without speed dial or searching or typing URL and opening browser.
I think so many want to know how to open their often visited WebPages fast and easily by simply double-click. For those, I share how to create a website shortcut on desktop in this article. It’s very easy to create a website shortcut on the desktop. By reading this article you can easily create a website shortcut on your desktop.
Table of Contents
How to create website shortcut on desktop using browser?
If you are interested to watch this article in the form of video, then below video is for you.
- Open a website on your browser which you want to create a website shortcut on the desktop.
- Resize browser window by click on the restore down icon on the top right corner of the browser.
- You’ll see a desktop window and browser windows on the same screen.
- Find an icon that is left side of the address bar shows that in the below figure.
- Now hold on to that icon and drag it to the desktop.
Now you have completed creating a website shortcut on the desktop. If this doesn’t work on your computer, do another method to create a website shortcut on desktop using windows options as below.
How to create website shortcut on desktop using Windows option?
- Open your favorite webpage on your browser which you have to create desktop shortcut.
- Copy the URL in the address bar of the browser.
- Minimize the browser and place the mouse cursor on the desktop.
- Press the right button of the mouse.
- Click on new.
- Click on the shortcut.
- So you can see a window of create shortcut. In that window paste the URL under type the location of the item and click on next.
- Now give a name to that shortcut under type a name to this shortcut and click on finish.
- Now you can see a website shortcut on desktop.
By double-click on that shortcut, you can open the webpage directly on the default browser. Now you can navigate webpages fast and easily by simply double-click on the website shortcut icon on the desktop.
For more information on how to create a website shortcut on desktop visit Official Microsoft Post
Thanks for reading my article about how to create a website shortcut on desktop – 2 simple methods. If you like this article do me favor by sharing it with your friends. You can also leave a comment in the comment section.
Follow WhatVwant on Facebook and Twitter for more tips. Subscribe whatvwant channel on YouTube for regular updates.
Hi, I read your article post, which is so nice. I am so happy to like it. Very good job.
Did you find this review helpful? Yes No