We can insert, edit, and remove Hyperlink in word like in websites. You can insert a web page URL or document or any picture as a hyperlink.
What is hyperlink?
According to Wikipedia Hyperlink is a reference to data that can directly follow either by clicking or hovering. You can read more details on Wikipedia. When you click Wikipedia you will see another page with the URL. This address is called as a hyperlink and the text which has this address (here “Wikipedia”) is called hypertext.
You can see the usage of hyperlinks and hypertext on all websites. You can use the same thing in ms word. You can insert a web page URL, any other document, and any picture. You can insert anything from your computer.
You may like : How to insert and remove watermark in word
How to Insert Hyperlink in word
Instead of scrolling a lot of text and images, simply you can watch the below video. If you like reading, get into the article.
There are two methods to insert hyperlink in word.
Open MS word document.
- Select the word by using shift + arrow or by using your mouse.
- Right-click on the selected word.
- Click on “Hyperlink”. You will see the below figure.
- Make sure that you have selected the “Existing File or Webpage” option.
- If you want to insert a web page URL, type or paste the URL in the address field at the bottom of the window.
- If you want to insert any other document or picture from your computer, click on the down arrow mark near to the “Look in:” field. You will see your system folders. Browse any folder for your document or picture. Select the document or picture.
- Click “Ok”.
Remember if you had inserted a web page URL, it will work in any other system which has internet. If you had inserted the local computer’s document or picture, it will work only in your system. Because other system does not has your file or picture.
Now you have inserted hyperlink. The document will look in the below screenshot.
- Place courser on hypertext, you will see the hyperlink to which it points.
- Press the Ctrl key in your keyboard. You will see a change in the courser symbol.
- Now click, it will redirect to another page.
Open word document.
- Select text.
- Go to “Insert” in the top menu.
- Click on “Hyperlink”. You will see a window where you can enter the hyperlink in the address bar as shown in the first method. Enter URL and press OK.
How to edit and remove hyperlink in word
Open word document.
- Select the hypertext from which you want to remove the hyperlink.
- Right-click on hypertext.
- Click on “Edit hyperlink” to edit hyperlink. You will see the edit hyperlink window from where you can edit hyperlink.
- Click on “Remove hyperlink” to remove the hyperlink. It will remove hyperlinks from hypertext.