It is easy to hide files on USB or external hard drive. In this article I am showing you how to hide files on USB and external hard drive with a free software. When you don’t mind to spend little money, you can use premium software Lock My Folders which can lock and hide your folders or files from your computer or external drives. Don’t want to spend money, continue reading this article.
It is must to use software to hide files in external devices. You can hide files by using windows hide option. You can not see that file in your system. But you can see the same file in another system, in which view folder and files option set to “view hidden files”.
- You may like: How to encrypt USB with free software
- 6 tips to speed up USB file transfer
- How to remove virus from USB completely
If you use WinMend folder hidden software, no system can display your hidden file. Because you need to install this software in your pen drive.That means you can use your pen drive in any system. Moreover, it is completely free software.
How to Hide files on USB with WinMend
- Connect your USB or external hard drive to computer.
- Download WinMend folder hidden software. You will get exe file.
- Run the file. Select language.
- Click “next” in next window.
- Check “I accept the agreement” in “License Agreement” window. Click “Next”. You will see Below figure.
Click on “Browse” and select your USB or external drive(It is must to install software in USB).
Click “Ok”. Click “Next”. Click “Next”. Click “Next”.
Click “Finish”. If you have selected “Launch WinMend” option, it will launch software. Otherwise, click on WinMend icon created on the desktop. If you don’t have the desktop icon, you can launch software from your USB.
- Open USB. You must see a folder with name “Folder Hidden”.
- Open “Folder Hidden” folder.
- Click on “FolderHidden.exe” file. It will ask you to enter the password.
Enter the password and confirm the password. Click “Ok”. You will see below screenshot.
Click on “Hide Folder” in the right menu. You will see a window to browse for computer folders.
- Select your USB.
- Select your folder inside USB.
- Click “Ok”. Now you will see a folder name and it’s status as “Hidden” shows that in below screenshot. You can close this window.
Just open your USB and check. You don’t find your folder. It is hidden now. Even if you place this pen drive in any other system, you don’t see that folder.
If you want to unhide follow below procedure. You can do this procedure from any computer. Because software is inside USB.
Procedure to Un-Hide files on USB with WinMend
- Insert pen drive to any computer.
- Open your pen drive.
- Open “Folder Hidden” folder.
- Open “FolderHidden.exe”. It will ask you to enter the password.
- Enter the password which is created in above procedure.
- Click “Ok”. You will see below screen.
Check rectangular box left to the folder.
Click “UnHide” in the right menu. Now you can see folder status changing to “Visible”. Close the window. You can use your folder now.
you should not forget the password. If you forgot the password, you will have to pay to WinMend to recover the password.
Always free software has some flaws. When you are serious about your files security, I recommend you to use Lock My Folders software. It uses military-grade encryption to password protect your folders and files. You can lock or hide any file from your Windows PC or USB. No one can uninstall this software without your password.
Thanks for reading my article about how to hide files on USB. If you like it, do me a favor by sharing it with your friends. If you know any other method, do share in the comment section.