Want to Run command prompt as Administrator. You can open an elevated command prompt in many ways. In this article, I am going to show you how to run command prompt as Administrator in Windows 7, Vista, 8, 8.1 and 10.
When Should I Run Command Prompt as Administrator?
A command prompt is a place where you can execute commands. You can use Command prompt to troubleshoot and to solve some issues in Windows operating systems. You can get technical details about Windows Command Prompt in this link.
If you are adding a route or doing something in Windows Command Prompt, sometimes you may get an error “The requested operation requires elevation”. Not only during root addition, but you may also get this kind of errors in command prompt in many times. Some commands would not be executed in command prompt if it was running without Administrator privileges.
If you don’t want to get any errors while using Windows command prompt, you must Run CMD as Admin.
- You may like: How to close an app in Windows 8(& minimize)
- How to take a screenshot on Windows 8 | How to use the snipping tool
- 3 steps to Increase computer speed | speed up Windows PC(XP,7,8,8.1)
How Do I Run Command prompt as Administrator
1.How to Open Cmd as admin in Windows 7 or Vista
- Go to the Start button.
- Go to Accessories folder. Search for Command Prompt.
- Right-click Command Prompt. Select Run as Administrator.
2. How Do I Run command prompt in elevated mode in Windows 8
- Press the Windows key on the keyboard to enter the start screen.
- Type Command Prompt. You will see Command prompt word in the search results.
- Right-click on Command Prompt. You will see five options.
- Click Run as Administrator. Now you will see the elevated command prompt with full administrator privileges.
3.How Do I Run CMS as Admin without Right-Click in Windows 8,8.1&10
This procedure works for all almost all versions of Windows.
- Press Control+Alt+Delete from the keyboard.
- Click on Task Manager. You will see the Task Manager window.
- Click on File at top left corner.
- Click on Run new task. You will see Create new task window.
- Type “cmd” in the rectangular box shows that below screenshot.
- Check “Create this task with administrative privileges.”
- Click ok. Now you will get an elevated command prompt.
4.Run Elevated Command Prompt in Windows 8.1
Right-click on Start button.
You can see the option “Command Prompt(Admin).” Click on this option Windows 8.1 command prompt will be opened with administrator privileges.
- Related: How to Restore Computer to Earlier date in Windows 7,8,8.1&10
- How to Enable / Disable secure boot in Windows 8,8.1&10
5. How do I change to Administrator in CMD prompt in Windows 10
You can not change to Administrator after opening the CMD. You need to close the CMD prompt and need to open CMD with admin privileges by following the below procedure.
Use Cortana search to search keyword Command Prompt. You will see Command Prompt option shows that in below screenshot.
Right-click on Command Prompt Option. You will see an option to run Command Prompt as admin.
- You Might Like: 4 Ways to speed up internet connection using cmd in windows xp/7/8/8.1/10
- The Ultimate Guide To Change File Attributes With Attrib Command
These are the ways what I know to open cmd as admin. If you know, any other methods share in the comment section. And please share this article with your friends. Please follow whatvwant on Facebook and Twitter.