In this article, I will give you 4 simple methods to Speed up internet connection using cmd in windows xp/7/8/8.1. Most of the internet users can’t get maximum bandwidth from their internet connection, they need to change some settings for getting maximum bandwidth from their internet connection.
Here I give you 4 methods to speed up internet connection using cmd. By applying this 4 methods, you can easily boost your internet connection. You can also read my earlier article How to speed up internet connection.
Before entering into the article, I want to suggest you that, if you need better internet speed, you must have a fast working computer. When you want to run your computer continuously like a new computer, you must use an antivirus product and a PC Tuneup product. Instead of using two products, I can suggest you AVG Ultimate(20% discounted link) which gives unlimited protection and Tuneup for your unlimited devices.
Don’t want to spend money to increase your computer speed, Don’t worry read these working tips to boost computer speed.
How to speed up internet connection using cmd
1.Speed up the Internet with cmd
- Click window (button) +R or type run on search box. You will see “Run” dialog.
- Type cmd and click enter.
- Right click on cmd.
- Select run as administration. You will see Command prompt window with admin privileges.
- Now type following commands in cmd window.
- Netsh int tcp show global and press enter.
- Netsh int tcp set chimney=enabled and press enter.
- Netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal and press enter.
- Netsh int set global congestionprovider=ctcp and press enter.
2. speed up the internet by resetting DNS cache
Open Command prompt with admin privileges by the following method given in the first step.
In command prompt window type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter.
3. speed up internet by resetting Winsock and tcp ip
Open Command prompt with admin privileges by following method given in first step.
In command prompt window type netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt and press enter.For more details about reset winsock or tcp/ip see Microsoft forum article.
4. speed up internet by the continuous reply of pinging your connection
Open Command Prompt with administrator privileges by following method given in first step.
In command prompt window type ipconfig and press enter.Now you can find default gateway number as seen below screenshot.
- In command prompt window type ping –t (type your gateway numbers)
- For example: ping –t 192.168.42.129. (Here 192.168.42.129 is my gateway number. Type your gateway number instead of my gateway number.
- Now minimize this command prompt window, but don’t exit or close command prompt window.
Regularly apply this 4th method of speed up internet by the continuous reply of ping connection, while browsing or downloading. This will make your connection faster by the continuous reply of pinging your default gateway connection.
- You might also Like: 6 Tips to boost Windows OS Startup speed
- 8 Proven Tips to Speed up Android phone
- 6 Tips to Boost USB file transfer
Thanks for reading my article about speed up internet connection using cmd in windows xp/7/8/8.1. If you like this article do me a favor by sharing it with your friends. Want more tips, Please follow whatvwant on Facebook and Twitter.