Want to speed up chrome browser? Here is the simple and most effective method to speed up the browsing of Google chrome browser.
Google Chrome browser is faster than Internet explorer, safari, firefox, and other browsers. If you use more extensions and plug-ins, the chrome browser will work slow.
When you have a faster PC, everything works fine. PC tune-up utilities like AVG PC tuneup will make your PC faster automatically. So that you will get good browser speed also. You must also have an antivirus product like AVG Security(51% discounted link). Instead of using two products, you can use AVG Ultimate(50% discounted link) which gives unlimited protection and tuneup for your unlimited devices.
When you don’t like to spend money continue reading this article for the tips to speed up the chrome browser manually.
- Also read: How to increase Internet speed
- Working tips to increase computer speed
- Easy way to speed up Firefox
Table of Contents
Speed up chrome browser
1. Clear browsing data
- Press Ctrl+H. You will see the history window.
- Select Clear browsing data in the top left corner of the window.
- Click down arrow mark in the rectangular box near “Obliterate the following items from”.
- Now select the beginning of time
- Click Clear browsing data.
2. Disable unnecessary extensions
- Type chrome://extensions/ in address bar and click Enter.
- Now disable unnecessary extensions.
3. Disable unnecessary plugins
- Type chrome://plugins/ in the address bar and click Enter.
- Now disable unnecessary plugins.
4. Enable SPDY/4
- Type chrome://flags/#enable-spdy4 in address bar and click Enter.
- Now click Enable.
5. Increase Maximize tiles for the interest area (defaults to 512)
- Type chrome://flags/#max-tiles-for-interest-area in address bar and click Enter.
- Now change value defaults to 512.
- Now click Relaunch now in the bottom left corner of the window.
6. Google web light
- Google provides a solution for slow Internet users through its web light service. With this service, we can browse webpages 4 times faster and 80% data savings than a normal webpage. But the quality of the webpage is less and is mobile suitable.
- The Google chrome default opens the webpages through web-light when Google servers detect that mobile user has a slow Internet connection.
- Google web light is only available on mobiles. For computer users, the chrome extension Open via Google Web Light Proxy provides this Google web light service in PC’s
7. Regularly update your chrome
- Type chrome://help/ on the address bar of the chrome. Press enter.
- Now update chrome.
These are the methods to increase the Google Chrome speed. I hope the above methods will surely increase the chrome speed. Follow the methods as you wish. Thanks for reading my article about Speed up chrome: Tips to increase Google Chrome speed. If you like this article do me a favor by sharing it with your friends.
If you know any other tips to speed up the chrome browser, share them in the comment section. Want more tips, Please follow whatvwant on Facebook and Twitter. Subscribe to whatVwant channel on YouTube for regular updates.