Are you upgrading or degrading your system to Windows 8.1? Are you willing to know the features that come with Windows 8.1? Windows 8.1 features are too good.
This article gives the list of differences between Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. It also covers what is new in Windows 8.1.
Table of Contents
Is Windows 8.1 free for Windows 8 Users?
Windows 8.1 is a free update for Windows 8 users. To update Windows 8, click on the Store icon in the start menu, you will be guided to update windows 8 to windows 8.1.
Is Windows 8 and 8.1 are the same?
Both are almost identical but not exactly the same. Windows 8.1 new features are the solutions for the shortcomings of Windows 8. After upgrading to Windows 8.1, you feel happy. Many improvements are there in Windows 8.1. Here I am giving a list of few important Windows 8.1 features.
I always advise using the latest version of Windows. It is better to use Windows 10 instead of Windows 8.1. I recommend you to buy Window OS only from the Microsoft store. If you buy Windows OS from any other retail store, you will not get help from the Microsoft support team.
Windows 8.1 features
1. In Windows 8, If two applications are running, one application shares the maximum percentage of desktop, another application appears as a thumbnail. In Windows 8.1 two applications share a desktop as shown in the below screenshot. You can run even three applications.
2. Windows 8 desktop does not contain the start button and shutdown button. Windows 8.1 desktop has a Start button. Right-click on the start button, you will get shut down option.
3. By using Windows 8 search, you can search settings, files, images, and so on but only one thing at a time. Windows 8.1 searches everywhere at a time. It even displays the results from the internet along with your PC results. you will get quick results by using Windows 8.1 search.
4. Windows 8 Start screen has the display of a thumbnail. You can organize the start screen in Windows 8.1. Click on the down arrow mark at the down left corner to organize the start screen. Click the arrow mark at Apps to arrange applications by name or by date installed or by category.
5. You can log in to any other device, which has Windows 8.1 with the same Microsoft account. You can get the same settings on another device also.
6. Most advanced Internet Explorer 11 is there in windows 8.1.
7. Windows 8.1 has a much-advanced windows store.
In this article, I have explained the features that comes with Windows 8.1. These are some of the windows 8.1 features. You can know all features in detail from the Microsoft support topic.
If you like this tutorial, please share it with your friends. If you want more tips, please follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Subscribe to whatVwant channel on YouTube for regular updates.
- Next Topics to Read: Windows 10 Editions comparison with features
- Windows 10 Home Vs Pro: differences you need to know