A simple way to remove the virus from an external device is to format the memory card or pen drive with SDformatter. SDformatter is a free memory card format software, and it also formats pen drive.
Why Would You Format an SD Card?
By using Windows OS, you can format the external device, but Windows does not format altogether. That is the reason why even after formatting external device with windows, some viruses like shortcut virus could not be removed from the device. Everyone might have faced this problem. Because, once the virus entered into a pen drive or memory card, it is almost impossible to remove the virus from them.
This article gives an easy solution to this problem. It is very easy to format the memory card and pen drive by using SDformatter. I am sure that after formatting your device with the SDformatter virus will be removed entirely from a flash drive.
How to Format Memory Card or Pen Drive
1. How to Format the memory card or Pen drive with SDformatter?
If you would like to watch this USB formatting tutorial in a video, you can watch below. We had also explained steps in our article just after the video.
1.Download SDformatter and install.
2. Connect your external device (memory card or pen drive) to the computer.
4. Device name must be shown in the rectangular box, which is near to “Drive” (In the above screenshot it is shown as “H”). Size and Volume label must be displayed, another wise click on the down arrow mark, which is in the rectangular box near to “Drive” and select device.
5. Click on “Option.”
6. “Option Setting” window will be opened.
7. Click on the down arrow mark which is in the rectangular box near to “FORMAT TYPE” and select “FULL(Erase)”.
8. Click on OK.
9. Click on the Format option.
Now verify your device properties. Your device’s free space must be equal to the full space. In this way, you can format the memory card as well as Pendrive by using SDformatter.
If this method did not work for you, you need to follow the next method.
- Related: 4 Easy ways to remove autorun virus from Pen drive and PC
- 2 Ways to remove hidden attribute to Unhide folder/file
2. Use safe mode to Force SD Card to Format
The virus will not run in safe mode. So execute the computer in safe mode and format your memory card or pen drive using system size option or using SDFormatter.
- Must Read Topics: How to enter into safe mode in Windows OS
- How to get out of safe mode in Windows OS
If the above two methods did not work for you, follow the below process.
3. Use Internet security
Download any internet security product trial version. Scan your devices completely and remove the virus. Now you can format your external device.
I can recommend you to use BullGuard Internet Security(Special discounted link). Because it is less priced and it gives you PC tuneup utilities as part of its internet security. So you can improve your PC performance with Bullguard. It has 60 days free trial period. You may also read my review of BullGuard Internet security.
You can also try Avast Free Trial.