Want to choose the best-automated testing tool for your business? Business analysis refers to identifying business needs and designing solutions tailored to solve challenges unique to your business.
Challenges are unique to businesses; hence, understanding your business needs is critical to selecting an end-to-end automation testing tool specifically designed to help your business identify and utilize new market opportunities.
This article will help you choose the automated testing tool that best suits your business needs.
- READ MORE – 5 Apps that can compromise your privacy
- The best opportunities to create a business rule engine
Types of Automation Testing Tools
1. Open-Source Tools
These categories of automation test tools allow free access to their source codes, and you can choose to adapt and modify their source code fully or partially, depending on your business needs. Most open-source automation test tools are free and are developed and maintained by the community.
2. Commercial Automation Test Tools
Access to commercial automation test tools is by license purchase and subscription. Commercial automation tools offer you access to premium features and timely support services.
3. Custom Framework
Custom Framework permits you to customize and develop automation tools tailored to suit the needs of your business.
How to select an Automated Testing tool for your business
Business success relies largely on selecting the right automation tool for your business. Therefore, your QA must have an in-depth understanding of your business to make the right automation tool.
Your business will need an automation tool if:
- You carry out a lot of repetitive testing
- You engage in regression tests regularly
- You have to simulate multiple user-software interactions
Criteria for selecting an end-to-end Automation Test tool for your Business
The following are what you should consider before choosing an end-to-end automation testing tool as a business;
- Relevant skills needed for test automation: Your team of developers needs to possess an in-depth knowledge of the right type of programming language needed to write and run test automation scripts.
- Budget requirement: Does your business have enough budget to embark on automated testing? Test automation gives you a high yield, but it is cost intensive. Therefore, it is important to answer the question above before selecting test automation tools for your business.
- Technical requirements: test automation requirements vary, depending on your business type. However, you should consider the required technical specification before choosing test automation tools. Specifications like supported OS platforms, application environment, programming languages, CI/CD integration, and Reporting functionality are some technical specifications you should consider before selecting test automation tools.
- Script re-usability: is your chosen test automation script re-usable? Can you run it simultaneously on other OS and devices? A good choice of test automation tool should allow for re-usability and be cross-platform compatible.
- Technical support: If you’re purchasing commercially designed bots, the vendor must have robust customer support to help you resolve any issue you might have.
- Third-party integration: Does your chosen automation tool support CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery)? CI/CD makes it faster and easier for test automation tools to integrate with external platforms for easy collaboration.
Checklist for selecting test automation tools
- Your Budget: Your budget should meet the cost and expenses associated with your preferred test automation tool.
- The cost of testing tools: The cost of automation tools varies depending on the license type, add-ons, support, training, and upgrade fees.
- OS support/multiplatform compatibility: Consider the type of test automation bot you want to run; it can be:
- Technological support: Know the type of technology supported by your chosen test automation tool. HTML 5, IE, Net support, SilverLight, etc., are some common technological support you should consider before selecting a test automation tool. Also, ensure that your test automation specification is compatible with your available devices.
- Ability to connect to multiple data sources: Your chosen automation tool should be able to connect to multiple data sources like CSV, Dbase, XML, Excel, etc.
- Reporting mechanism: your selected automation tool should have a built-in robust reporting feature that can give an accurate report that informs you of the exact point of script failure if it happens. Also, it should be exportable to many formats.
- Integration to bug management repositories: Your test automation tool should integrate with your bug management or test case repositories for total management of the application lifecycle.
- Technical support: Check to ensure that your vendor offers the right technical support with good response time should you need the help of the support team to resolve technical issues.
Other technical support includes record and playback support, object recognition and mapping, assertion support, and recovery.
Test Automation Tools
- Selenium: Selenium is an open-source test automation tool that offers web testing across multiple OS platforms and browsers.
- JMeter: This is a web testing platform for performing functional and performance tests.
- Ranorex: Ranorex is a web-based test automation tool based on XPath query language.
- Katalon Studio: Katalon Studio is a test automation tool for automating PC, Mobile, Web, and API application testing.
- Test studio: Test studio is useful for organizing group test cases in specific features or functionality.
- SoapUI: This is an open-source web testing tool for testing Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP). Load testing, compliance testing, and functional testing are some areas where SoapUI finds useful applications.
- READ MORE – How to Develop An App in 3 Steps
- PL-100 Microsoft Power Platform App Maker Skill Measurement
Mastering business analysis techniques is crucial to understanding the complex nature of business environments. It plays a key role in selecting the right automation tools needed to solve business challenges and keep your business at the forefront of technological advancements that drive home business success.
I hope this tutorial helped you to know How can Business analysis help to Choose the Best Automated testing tool for your Business. If you want to say anything, let us know through the comment sections. If you like this article, please share it and follow WhatVwant on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube for more Technical tips.
How can Business Analysis help to choose the Best Automated Testing Tool for your Business – FAQs
Which of the following factor is most important when choosing the correct testing tool for automation?
Cost-effectiveness is at the core of any Test Automation effort. While choosing a tool, you need to consider whether to go for an open-source tool such as Selenium, Robot Framework, and Citrus or a licensed one like TestComplete
How do you choose automated testing over manual testing?
Automated testing is suitable when the test cases need to run repeatedly for a long duration of time.
Which tool is mostly used for automation testing?
Selenium tool currently takes first place among all the automation testing tools. Selenium is among the most used automated testing tool for web applications. It is an open-source platform that is compatible with numerous browsers, operating systems, and programming languages.
What is the main purpose of automation testing?
Automation testing is the application of tools and technology to testing software with the goal of reducing testing efforts, delivering capabilities faster and more affordably. It helps in building better quality software with less effort.
Why do companies choose automation?
The benenfits of automated operations are higher productivity, reliability, availability, increased performance, and reduced operating cost. Moving to lights-out operations yields a good return on investment.