Change default search engine to Google instead of Bing in Microsoft Edge with a few simple steps. You can easily change the Microsoft Edge default search engine from Bing to any other search. Most people like to use Google search instead of Bing. Because Google search produces very accurate results for your search.
Even though Google Chrome is a famous browser, many people want to use Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge. Microsoft introduced Microsoft edge in Windows 10. They have improved this browser a lot. It has a good interface and it has good speed.
- Related:5 simple ways to Find Internet Explorer on Windows 10
- How to downgrade Internet explorer without uninstallation
Earlier, I have written about How to make Google as default search engine in Internet Explorer. This time I am going to show you how to change the default search engine to Google in Microsoft Edge.
How to Change the default search engine to Google?
We provided this tutorial in video format for our reader’s convenience. If you are comfortable with reading, you can start reading.
Open Microsoft Edge. Click on three dots symbol in the top right corner. Click Settings.
Scroll down upto Advanced settings. Click View Advanced Settings.
Scroll down up to Search in the address bar with option. Here you will see Bing(www.bing.com). Click on the Down arrow mark.
You will see the options as shown in the below screenshot. Here you are seeing google option because I have already added it. If you can’t see that Google then click on the Add new option.
Now you will see all available search engines. Scroll down up to google and select www.google.co.in. And then click Add as Default option to make google as a default search engine instead of Bing in Microsoft Edge.
Now your address bar search in Google search. You can search in Google from the Microsoft Edge address bar.
If you are using the Windows 10 OS on your desktop/laptop then some options will be changed from the above method. In Windows 10 the steps to make Google as the default search engine in Microsoft Edge are
- Click on the menu option (three horizontal pointers or dots) which is placed at the top left corner of the screen.
- Now click on the Settings option.
- Go to the Privacy, Search and Services section. scroll the cursor up to last. At the bottom of the screen, you can see an option address bar and search under the Service section click on that address bar and search
- Now in another screen will open with some options. Go to the Search engine used in the address bar option. There you can change the search engine in Microsoft Edge. Click on the down-faced arrow, then you can see some search engines. Select Google from the available search engines.
This is the process to set Google as default search engine in the Microsoft Edge.
- You May also Like: 26 Useful Internet explorer Keyboard shortcuts
I hope you like my article about Change the default search engine in Microsoft Edge. If you like it, do me a favor by sharing it with your friends. If you want to add any other point, You can add through the comment section.