Want to download Download Facebook chat history? In this article, we are going to show you different ways to download Facebook chat. If you are thinking about recovering deleted Facebook messages, we covered an article about the same recently.
Facebook helped a lot of us connect with our loved ones across the globe. It also helped us to exchange photos, videos, text messages in private which is an amazing yet useful feature used by most of the users. We all love to spend time chatting with our friends and liking the cute cat video but if you ever thought of downloading a facebook chat then you are in good hands.
There are many reasons for downloading a facebook chat, maybe you are surprising your loved ones or thinking to embarrass your best friend. No matter what you are thinking we got you covered. Recently we are getting requests to cover this topic and It took a little while for us to try several methods to find the working few. We went into lengths testing several tricks and applications which claimed to download facebook chat but none worked.
We are at the verge of giving up and found some amazing yet hidden tricks to download facebook chat. There is no need to use third-party extension or software to download facebook chat. These methods are official ways to download your chat yet known by only a few people. So we thought of covering the hidden facebook feature to download your facebook chat. In case if you face any issue during the process, then do leave a comment below so that we can help you sort out the issue.
Table of Contents
#1.How to Download Facebook Chat
We provided this article in the form of video tutorial for our reader’s convenience. If you are interested to read, you can skip the video and start reading.
In this method, we are going to show you how to download facebook chat using Facebook itself. There is an inbuilt feature which will allow you to download your entire facebook data onto your computer. They also included a feature to select the content you wish to download. We are going to show you how to download only facebook chat messages on your computer. Make sure to follow the below steps carefully to download your entire chat history.
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Navigate to the settings tab or simply click here.
- You will find the option “Your Facebook Information” on the left-hand side. Click on it.
- Next click on Download your information.
- Now you will be presented with a list of options.
- Click on “Deselect All”.
- Scroll down a little bit and select messages.
- Now select a Date range: All of my data and click on create a file.
- You can find the archive of your messages under available files.
- Next, download the zip file to your computer and extract it.
- Open the index file and you can read all your messages without any issues.
This method is the easiest of the bunch to download your Facebook chat history whenever you want. In case if you want to download a particular conversation then we got you covered as well. The second method is especially for you.
- 2 Ways To Deactivate Facebook Account Temporarily
- How to Make a Facebook Page : Quick Guide to Create FB Page
#2.How to Download a Single Facebook Conversation
This method is quite a time consuming, You won’t be getting a well-formatted text as well. By using this method you can make a copy of the entire chat history which you can print as well. We tried this method, it gets the job done but it is a lot messy than you think. So be prepared before following this method.
- Open messenger.com on your desktop and log into your account.
- Now open the conversation you want to download.
- Next start scrolling down the messages so that the old messages start loading.
- You need to keep scrolling depending on how old the conversation.
- After scrolling for countless minutes you will see the message “conversation started on this and this date” you can’t scroll past this.
- Next, select any word in the conversation and press Ctrl + A which will select the entire conversation.
- Now you need to copy the entire conversation by pressing ctrl + c.
- You can paste the entire conversation on a word document as well.
- Save the file and enjoy the conversation on your desktop.
In case if you know any other methods which will help users to Download Facebook chat, then do let us know via comments below. Hope this guide helped you to download your Facebook chat history without any fail. Do let us know if you faced any issues while following the guide so that we can help you out. For more tips, Please follow whatvwant on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.