Do you want to download Vimeo videos to any of your devices like PC, Android, iPhone, and Tablet? And are you searching for the many ways for this? Then you are on straight track and this is the straight article for you to download your favorite Vimeo videos with ease and quick.
Table of Contents
How do I download a protected Vimeo video?
You can download a protected Vimeo video via various methods like online sites, screen record, and chrome extensions. Just go through this article to know in detail about these methods.
How do I save a Vimeo video on my iPhone?
You can download and save a Vimeo video via online sites like ‘savevideo.me’ and more with ease and fast. For full details, you can go through this article.
Can I download Vimeo on demand?
First, you have to purchase your selected Vimeo video on the ‘On Demand’ page. Then if that purchased Vimeo video has a ‘Download’ option just below the Vimeo video player, then you can download it directly to your PC, Mobile, and Tablet.
If it doesn’t have the ‘Download’ option, then you can go through the method ‘Screen Record’. And you can save the recorded Vimeo video to your device. For full details about the ‘Screen Record’ method, you can just go through this article.
Here you have to remember one thing that unless you purchase you can’t stream the ‘On Demand’ Vimeo videos. And you won’t record them through a screen recorder.
Can I download Vimeo videos via Apps?
Yes. You can. But many experts suggest that apps take a lot of space and consist of too many adds. A regular update is needed for them. And they may slow down your device too. Therefore, to avoid this trouble, you can direct download the Vimeo videos through online sites. And you can too save them on any of your devices.
- You Might Like. Free Method to Download and Convert Videos Just with a Few Clicks.
- Allavsoft review: An Online Video Downloader and Converter.
Hint: we suggest you go with Allavsoft that will give you many more features like downloading audio or video from all most all online sites and converting video/audio formats. Moreover, it comes with a lifetime license. Our readers get a special 25% discount on the Allavsoft lifetime license.
Grab 25% Special discount for Windows
Grab 25% special discount for Mac
Visit This page for 25% discount on other Allavsoft licenses.
4 Way to download Vimeo videos
- Download from Vimeo site.
- Download via Online sites.
- Download via Screen Record.
- Download via Chrome Extensions.
1. Download Vimeo on-demand videos from Vimeo site
You can direct download a video from the Vimeo site. Some videos can have the ‘Download’ option and some others don’t have the option at all. You can use this method if the ‘Download’ option is present for your selected video on the Vimeo site. To download, you just go through the below steps.
Step1: Go to the Vimeo site and log in with your credentials.
Step2: Open the video on the Vimeo site.
Step3: Just below the video player, you can see the option ‘Download’.
Step4: Click on the option ‘Download’.
Step5: A little menu appears on the screen. Where you can see the ‘Download’ options with different formats of the video.
Step6: Now you can have the choice to select any one format. And just click the ‘Download’ option beside it.
Step7: Then your favorite Vimeo video starts downloading.
Step8: If download doesn’t start and video starts playing in the new tab. Then don’t panic! Simply do the following.
- If you are windows user. Then right-click on the link. And select ‘Save as’ or ‘Save target as’.
- If you are a Mac user. Then on your keyboard, hold down the control key. And click on the link. Then select ‘Save link as’ or ‘Download linked file’.
That’s it! You completed the task. Now you can start watching the downloaded Vimeo video offline.
- This method is simple. And applicable to download only available Vimeo videos direct to your devices like.
- PC with Max, Windows, and Linux.
- You can’t download Vimeo videos that are protected. Or those Vimeo videos that don’t have the ‘Download’ option below the Vimeo video player.
2. Download via Online sites
If you’re likely to watch a video tutorial over reading a chunk of text, click the video below, Or you’re free to skip the video and follow the tutorial afterwards.
You can download Vimeo videos direct from the following online sites, without install of any software. Those online sites are given below.
For all these sites, the procedure to download Vimeo videos is the same. So here you can see the procedure for one site. Then you can use the same for the remaining sites.
Step1: Copy the URL of your Vimeo video.
Step2: Open the home page of ‘savevideo.me‘.
Step3: Enter or paste the URL of your Vimeo video on the search bar.
Step4: Then click on the ‘Download’ option.
Step5: Now you can see the download options with various formats.
Step6: Don’t give a direct click on the ‘Download video file’ option. If you do, then sometimes the video may play in a new tab instead of download.
Step7: To avoid this, give right-click on the ‘Download video file’ option. And click on ‘Save link as’ to download and save your Vimeo video on your PC.
That’s it! You have downloaded your Vimeo video direct from the ‘savevideo.me’ site. Do the same, if you want to download it from the remaining sites.
Here you have to note one thing that when you paste your Vimeo video URL on the search bar and click on the ‘Download’ option. Then sometimes a new tab opens. Then don’t confuse here. Just close that new tab. Then on the previous tab, you can see the various formats to download your Vimeo video.
- This method is simple. And applicable to download the Vimeo videos direct to your devices like.
- PC with Max, Windows, and Linux.
- You can download the protected Vimeo videos too.
- You can’t download the Vimeo videos that are on the ‘On Demand’ page of the Vimeo site.
- Free. As there are many online sites that won’t charge you to download the Vimeo videos.
3. Download via Screen Record
You can too download your Vimeo Videos via Screen recording on your PC, Android, iPhone, and Tablet.
Screen recording is the inbuilt option for mobiles and tablets. But for PCs, you have to download and install the free screen record software like ‘OBS Studio‘ which works on Mac, Windows, and Linux.
- Related: 6 Best Screen record software
Once you install the screen recording software on your PC. Open Vimeo site and play your Vimeo video in full screen. Now with the help of screen record software, you can record your Vimeo video. And stop this process, when the video is completed.
That’s it! You have completed the recording of your Vimeo video via screen record software. And you can watch it offline.
- It’s a simple method. And you don’t need to open any online site and install any extension to down the Vimeo videos.
- You can record from any of your mobile devices like Android and iPhone.
- You have to install a separate screen record software for your PC to record the Vimeo videos.
- Your work may be disturbed as you don’t have to operate anything on your device until the completion of the video recording.
- While you do this on your mobile, if any calls come, then you have to stop the video recording. And your task may be disturbed and not completed.
- Free. As you can find a number of free screen record software like ‘OBS Studio’ to your PC that works on Mac, Windows, and Linux.
Hint: Always free products have some limitations and they don’t provide you proper support. When you don’t mind spending a little amount for the best features and support, You need to go with premium software. I suggest you Wondershare Filmora Scrn.
4. Download via Chrome Extensions
You can download the Vimeo videos via Chrome extensions too. For this, you can just follow the procedure given below.
Step1: Open the ‘Chrome Web Store‘ page on your chrome browser.
Step2: On the left top side you can see the search bar. Type ‘Download Vimeo videos’ on it. And press ‘enter’ key on your keyboard.
Step3: On the top right side click on the ‘More extensions’ option.
Step4: Then select any one of the following suited extensions.
- The Flash Video Dоwnlоader.
- Video Downloader professional.
- Vimeo™ Video Downloader.
Step5: When you click any one of the above extensions like ‘Video Downloader professional‘, then a new tab opens.
Step6: On the top right side of the page, click on the ‘Add extension’ option.
Step7: Then the extension is successfully added to your Chrome browser.
Step8: Now you can see the symbol of the extension on the top right side of your Chrome browser.
Step9: Then open the Vimeo site and stream your favorite video.
Step10: Now click on the extension symbol on the top right corner of your chrome browser.
Step11: Then you can see the ‘Download’ link option on the extension.
Step12: Now click on the ‘Download’ link. Then the Vimeo video can be downloaded to your device.
Here you have to note one thing that if you add some extensions like ‘Vimeo™ Video Downloader‘. Surprisingly, you can see the direct download option like ‘Down Arrow’ symbol just right side on the Vimeo video player. Or ‘Download symbol ‘ just below the video player on the Vimeo site. In such a case, you can direct download from the site itself. That is you no need to click on the extension symbol on the top right corner of your chrome browser to download your Vimeo video. Ok.
That’s it! You have finished off the download of the Vimeo videos via chrome extensions. And you can save them to any of your devices.
- You can download your Vimeo videos to any of your devices like PC, Android, iPhone, and Tablet.
- Just you need a Chrome browser. That’s it!
- You have to refresh the Vimeo site each time to download the Vimeo videos.
- Sometimes you have to refresh the Vimeo site many times to detect the Vimeo video on the extension.
- You can’t download the Vimeo videos on the ‘On Demand’ page of the Vimeo site.
- Free. As you can find a number of free chrome extensions on the chrome web store to download the Vimeo videos.
Now it is easy for you to download your favorite Vimeo videos direct to any of your devices like PC, Android, iPhone, and Tablet.
The simplest method is the ‘Download via Online sites’. But if you purchase the ‘On Demand’ videos on the Vimeo site. And you don’t find the ‘Download’ option, then screen record is the best option.
But we suggest you go with Allavsoft that will help you to download audio or video from all most all online sites. Moreover, it comes with a lifetime license.
- You Might Like: What is Vimeo Used for? Review & Features You Must Know.
- Vimeo Vs YouTube: Which is better and What’s the difference.