An easy method to insert and format Pictures in word document. In this article, I am showing you, how to insert images in word and how to format images. You can also do some modifications to the image as well as just adding an image.
You can use MS word very effectively if you know how to use it. This tutorial is a part of my ms word tutorial.
- You may also like: How to insert and remove watermark in word
- Simple tips to insert, remove and edit hyperlink in word
How to Insert Pictures in word
Understand this whole article just in 2 mins with this tutorial video.
You can insert pictures in word by following two methods.
Open word document.
- Place the cursor where you want to insert the image.
- Click “Insert” on the top menu.
- Click “picture”. You will see a window from where you can browse your computer folders.
Select image. you will see selected picture in word document.
Method 2 to insert Pictures in word
- Open the folder where your image is stored.
- Copy image using cntl+C or any other method.
- Open word document.
- Place the cursor where you want to insert the image. Paste image using Ctrl + V or any other method.
Now you have inserted image in word. Document will be like below figure.
You can do modifications to this image. Now let us discuss, how to format pictures in word.
How to format Pictures in word
- Select picture.
- Click on “Format” in the top menu. Now you can see all the options available to modify the picture.
- In the middle, you will see “Picture styles” options. Place the cursor on any style, you will see a change in the picture.
Left side you will see options to change brightness, contrast, and to refill the color. Click any option to change the property.
Right side you will see options to change the Picture shape, picture border. Click on any option to change the property.
You can apply effects like 3D, shadow, reflection, bevel, or glow by going into the “Effects” option. For example, I will show you how to apply the 3D effect.
How to apply 3D effects to Pictures in word
- Click “Picture Effects”. You will see possible options shows that in the below screenshot.
- Go to “3-D Rotation”. You will see all the possible 3D models.
- Place the cursor on any model you will see a change in picture effect.