This Kernel for windows data recovery review will give you a good idea about its features and performance. Data loss has been a common problem for users working on a Windows machine. Though, the reasons for data loss can be different each time, such as accidental file deletion, formatting, or software failure, unexpected system shutdown, corruption of Windows file system, intentional or accidental formatting of hard disk portions, and so on.
If you have encountered some Windows data loss problems, then Kernel for Windows Data Recovery is the ultimate solution. The software has been programmed to effectively resolve the critical problems of corruption in Windows logical as well as physical devices while restoring the permanently deleted or recently lost files in the same cycle.
The software is exclusively available in free and paid versions, although, both the versions are designed to resolve corruption problems in Windows partitions, but with their different level of recovery support.
Table of Contents
Kernel for Windows data recovery review
Let’s begin it with free support.
The trial version of Kernel for Windows Data Recovery software is available for free download and can be installed on diverse versions of Windows platforms including Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000, 98, NT, 95, and Windows Server 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2003 R2, and 2003.
The demo is simple to install and requires no necessary technical expertise for the operation. It features a simplified user-interface, inspired with an interactive Graphical User Interface (GUI) offering self-explanatory steps for Windows data recovery. Although, the key purpose of this free version is to provide an apparent idea of the working of software and its performance before the new users. The trial version of the tool allows a user to explore the fully-equipped software features such as fixing the problems of both physical and logical devices, and previewing the recovered data. However, the free version has the restriction to save any recovered files, for which the user needs to jump to a paid version.
However, the free version is a must-try thing for others, looking for a fully secured and foolproof purchase.
- Provides software transparency
- Repairs data from all types of drives: IDE, EIDE, SCSI, SATA, PEN, ZIP, and USB drives
- Retains data integrity intact
- Supports all file systems: FAT 16, FAT 32, NTFS, and NTFS5
- Live preview of recovered data
- No option to save the repaired file
Paid Version variants, Price & Discount
The paid version of Kernel for Windows Data Recovery is a premium software, available in three flexible variants (i.e., Home License, Technician License, and Kernel for Windows Recovery Suite) to effectively meet the precise requirements of the individual user and the giant corporation.
It’s price is very reasonable.
- Home user license price is $49.
- Corporate license price is $99.
- Technician license price is $199.
Offer: Our readers get a special 30% discount on all data recovery versions.
Click Here to get Data recovery home user license only for $34.30
Click Here to get Data recovery Corporate license only for $69.30
Click Here to get Technician license only for $139.30
You can also get 30% discount on all Kernel products through our special Kernel discount coupon page.
Three Flexible Recovery Modes
- Quick Scan: As the name suggests, Quick mode is the fastest of all the modes that target on recovering recently deleted files and folders. This mode is focused to recover data loss issues caused by mildly affected corruption problems like the presence of bad sectors on the disk, corruption in the file system(s), index corruption, and so on.
The user can also conveniently select the logical and physical drives to perform the recovery. The tool also provides the flexibility to ‘use existing partition info’ to search from the currently used partition, or the user can search the partition using ‘search partition’ to recover the data.
Upon the selection of the desired partition, it displays the partition information shown below.
Then, the quick mode starts recovering the required data:
- Extensive Scan: Moving towards the intensity of corruption problem, the Extensive Mode is ideal for recovering files and folders that cannot be retrieved using Quick Scan mode. The Extensive Mode specializes in retrieving the lost data issues caused due to deletion of hard disk partitions, hard disk formatting, and recreation of hard disk partitions.
- File Trace: The file trace mode is the most effective yet time-consuming data recovery mode, which specializes in scanning and recovering of complete sectors of hard disk drives to retrieve the maximum loss. This mode can even successfully recover data when both the above modes fail to provide the desired results.
This mode performs rigorous recovery of the data sector by sector. Also, the user can specify the desired type of file that has to be recovered during the recovery using the ‘File Types’ option. Once the files are recovered the user can preview and save them successfully to the desired location.
Different Recovery settings
The tool has extraordinary recovery setting features that let you to define the recovery parameters, based on the following factors:
- Sectors to read in a single attempt
- Settings of the duplicate file(s)
- Setting for deleted file(s)
- Setting for bad sectors
Preview of Recovered Files & Folders
Upon repairing the corruption issues, the software retrieves each and every bit of information from the damaged partitions and represents the recovered data for live preview. The recovered files and folders are displayed in a tree-like structure inside the preview pane, as shared in the image below.
The tool allows users to select any folder and view its total content. To save the files, the user can select ‘Recover’ option and provide the relevant location of the drive.
The tool supports the following file types for preview.
Kernel for Windows Data Recovery tool offers an exclusive ‘Find File(s)’ feature that lets you to instantly search specific file names or file types, before actually saving them to the desired location. For example, if the user wishes to search a Word document, then simply provide .doc in the search bar and select the ‘Start Search’ button. The tool will automatically enlist all the MS Word files available in the selected volume and avoid the manual efforts to locate the files.
To save the desired files, the user can simply select the ‘Save Selected File’ button and save the files instantly.
Filter away unwanted files
The software also features an exclusive ‘File Filter’ option to refine specific files based on file types (such as JPEG, doc, XLS).
The program even allows you to add multiple filters in the same process for even precise and efficient results.
Pros and Cons of paid versions:
- Total recovery of data (text, images, videos, documents, etc.) from corrupted drives
- Supports various almost all drives: IDE, EIDE, SCSI, SATA, PEN, and ZIP
- Supports various file systems: FAT 16, FAT 32, NTFS, and NTFS5
- Filter option available to refine essential data before saving
- Quickly searches important files using Find File(s) option
- Available in different paid versions
- Fully Stable. Not a single issue.
Kernel for Windows Data Recovery software has a neat and complex-free working environment, featured by its interactive GUI (GRAPHIC USER INTERFACE) design. No technical excellence is required for the operation of the tool. Total ease-of-use is offered throughout the working procedure, for example, the user can halt the process in the middle of the recovery phase if required, using the ‘Stop’ button. Flexible recovery modes are facilitated to retrieve long-back deleted and lost files from the physical and logical drives of the host machine.
- Related: EaseUs data recovery review
- Wondershare data recovery review
- How to recover deleted files from hard drive with wondershare
If you like my Kernel for Windows data recovery review, please share it. If you have used it, please give your review in comments.
Kernel for Windows data recovery
It is a very good data recovery software.
User Review( vote)