Despite using Microsoft Word for all these years we often stuck on very little things like How to Remove Page Number from First Page of a document. Recently a friend of my asked this question and I went blank. As I never tried it so after a little bit of diving into the options we found a way to do it. Although there are several other ways to do it we are going to show you the easiest method of all.
If you are reading this guide then I hope that you are looking forward to removing page number from the first page due to several reasons. So let’s dive into our guide to see how it is done and Don’t forget to leave a comment below if you are facing any issues.
- Also Read: Insert row in word table: Easy to Add Row/Column/Cell
- Delete A Table In Word Is Your Worst Enemy. 2 Ways To Defeat It
How to Remove Page Number from First Page on Word Document
Video Tutorial: How to remove page number from first page on word document in MS office
We are going to show a super easy method to insert page numbers from the second page either on header or footer depending on your choice.
- Open the document you want to edit.
- Click on “Page Layout”
- Now click on the Page Setup Dialog box launcher located at the right corner of the section.
- Select Layout tab & Check Different first page located under headers and footers.
- You can see that the page number is removed from page one.
- Also Read: How to Insert or Remove Header and footer in MS Word
- How to Add and Remove word header on first page only
How to change Numbering from Second Page of Word Document
- Click on insert tab.
- Next click on Page Number located in the Header & Footer section. Select Format Page Numbers from the drop-down menu.
- In the dialogue box select “Start at” and make it 0. Click Ok.
- This will make your second page on the first page.
That’s it you have successfully removed the page number form the first page as well as numbered the document from the second page. If you are still facing the issue even after following this method for removing page number from the first page of Word document, feel free to drop a comment below. Don’t forget to share the article with your friends and family.