Would like to know how to add and remove Word header on first page only. You can also use the same procedure to add or remove footer on the first page of the word document.
This tutorial will help you a lot to add header and footer only on the front page and remove also, I am telling you to stepwise with clear pictures in a simple way. Please go through this.
- Related: How to insert and delete header and footer in ms word
- Quick Guide to create a table of contents in word
How to Add Word header on first page only
- Open a new word document.
- Enter the desired data that you want on your first page.
- Click View, select the Print layout, double-click on the header part of the document, the header will appear with a dotted box.
- After double clicking on the header area of the document, you will see Design tab option.
- Select the Different first page option. In this first-page header box at the top of this page, type anything like the desired title on the header area.
Then go to the second page of your document, you don’t will see header content on the second page. If you don’t check Different first page option, you will see the header on all pages.
How to Remove a Header only from the first page of the document
You need to follow the same procedure to remove header only from front page.
- Go to the first page of your document.
- Double click on the header section to make it editable.
- Select Different first page option under Design tab.
- Delete the header content. Click anywhere on the document. Now you will not see header content only on the first page. Remaining documents will show the header or footer.