Want to repair damaged video files? Repairing damaged or corrupt videos is inevitable if you are a professional cinematographer or else an individual who has some important unplayable video files stored on your computer or data storage medium, such as memory card, hard drive, flash drive, etc.
How Video File Get Corrupted?
Now the question arises, why are you experiencing corruption in video files? The reason for corruption can be due to any unperceived problems that you might encounter during video shooting, the presence of the virus on your memory card, data communication issue while you try to transfer files to your PC, or others.
- Read: Best 4 Video Compression software to reduce file size
- Free method to Convert Video, Audio, and Picture format
What happens when videos are corrupt?
To know the answer to this question, you need to understand the structure of a video file. You see, a video file is a sequence of bytes that has two parts: header and data part. The header part is the set of bytes allotted to store the metadata about the video such as file type, a start bit and end bit, offset, etc. While the data part stores the actual bits that represent the video.
When few bits of a header is changed then this file may not play in a video player. Besides, change in bits from the data part makes the video jittery, grainy, out of sync with audio, or distorted when played. In either case, the video file becomes corrupt.
Don’t worry, you can relive those lost memories and resolve all video troubles. Steps that you need to be followed to repair your corrupt video files are mentioned below:
How to Repair Damaged Video Files?
1. Download and install the Stellar Video Repair software on your computer (it doesn’t matter whether the computer has the corrupt videos stored on its storage drive, as the tool repairs files and does not recover them when they are deleted; therefore, there is no fear of overwriting). [Note: To recover your lost data, you need a data recovery tool such as Stellar Windows Data Recovery.]
2. Launch the video repair software by double-clicking on the shortcut icon present on the desktop or use the Windows start button to open it.
3. Once the software is up and running, click on the Add File button located at the center of the wizard to add the video files for the repairing process.[Use the Add file button present just above the bottom of the screen to add more files for repairing.]
4. In order to repair the added video files, click on the Repair button. The software repairs all the added files one at a time. The live status of the repair process is shown at the progress bar below. In case of need, you can, by all means, click the Stop button to end the unfinished repairing task.
5. Click the OK button when the repair process completed message box appears. To know the status of the repaired files, have a look at the Action column and see the links present beside each file. Click on the Preview link to preview the repaired files.
6. Click on the ‘Advanced Repair’ link (if it is present) to repair the corresponding severely corrupt video. All you need to do is to click the Next button and add a sample video, which is a playable video of any size and with the same format created using the same device.[Note: Both the sample video and the corrupt video remains unharmed during the repair process; therefore, you do not need to create a copy of the corrupt or sample video file before feeding it the software’s repair engine.]
7. Click on the ‘Save Repaired Files’ button to save the fixed files on your computer.[Don’t worry, you do not need to choose a different drive as it does not interfere with the current video files located on the drive (unlike the data recovery tool that makes it necessary to save repairable data in a different drive to avoid overwriting).]
There you go, you have repaired your damaged video files and even severely corrupt videos using its sample video file. The software does the video repairing task of multiple video file formats including .mov, .mp4, .f4v, .m4v, .3gp, and .3g2 simultaneously. The repair software is 100% safe and secure to download.
The article highlights the basic know-how about videos corruption. You are also introduced to the best and the easiest software method to repair corrupt or damaged video files. Stellar Video Repair comes really handy whenever you face any kind of video file issues such as corruption in sound section, video frames, header, etc. The software can also be used to repair severely corrupt video files using sample files. In addition, the tool has minimum system requirement and has the compatible version for Mac and Windows. Stellar runs promotions frequently. You need to check Our Stellar Discount coupon page for the latest offers.