Want to Send Large Files Through Gmail. Do you need to attach big file and share it with others? You can take help from Google drive to send large files through gmail. This tutorial will give you how to procedure for sending large files up to 10 GB.
When & Why you need to transfer large files?
Gmail server has been configured to attach and send file size up to 25 MB in a single email. You can come across with scenarios where the large data files to be attached and shared in the email. Most of the mail servers are limited to accept file size to some extent depends on their configurations even though there is no any limit as per the email standards. This article is especially helpful to attach photos and documents with large content/data and share with others.
You can use Google drive to send large files. Because Google gives 10 GB free storage. So you can send up to 10 GB file as a single attachment to your mail. If you are new to Google drive, you must read below articles.
- Read: Step by step guide to backup Computer to Google drive
- How to backup android to Google Drive
- How to share files on Google drive from PC/mobile
- How to backup whatsapp messages with Google drive
How to Send large files through gmail
1) Open Gmail and login with your credentials.
2) Click on Compose button and the new window will be opened to send new message.
3) You can notice the Google Drive option just beside the Attach files.
4) When you place mouse pointer on that, then you can see ‘Insert files using Drive’ option.
5) Click on drive link and then the new window ‘Insert files using Google Drive’ will open.
6) You can see the options of My Drive, Shared with me, Recent and Upload.
7) Files stored in the drive will be visible and can be attached with My Drive option.
8) Files shared to you will be visible and can be attached with Shared with me option.
9) Files seen recently will be visible and can be attached with Recent option.
10) Using Upload option, the files from the computer can be dragged and attached.
11) Select the particular files that has to be attached.
12) At the bottom of the Google Drive window page, you will see two options. You need to select any one.
- Drive link: Choose this option for the files created using Google Slides,Forms,Sheets, Docs etc.
- Attachment: Choose this option for the files that were not created using Google Slides,Forms,Sheets, Docs etc.
13) Then click on the Insert button and selected files will be attached to the message.
So with the above steps you can attach the files up to 10 GB easily.
- You May Like : How to get Gmail notification on desktop
- 5 Ways to Email pictures using Gmail
- Can I change Gmail address and username ? Read this guide
I hope you like my article about the solution to Send large files through Gmail. If you like it, do me favor by sharing it with your friends. You may consider following whatvwant on Facebook, and Twitter.