This tutorial will give you the information about What is VPN Trust Initiative and the importance of it. You will also learn about the Internet Infrastructure Coalition.
What is a VPN?
VPNs have been around for a while now. They have given users some fantastic benefits, including the ability to surf the web in a secure and relatively anonymous way. They provide users withunrestricted access by:
- Allowing them to access geo-restricted content
- Making sure they’re safe when connecting to public WiFis
- Hiding their digital footprint
- Securing data transfers
In a nutshell, VPNs use robust encryption protocols to ensure that data flow is secure and private. It has become a vast industry that should reach a staggering $36 billion in value by 2022.
Recently, five leading VPN companies, including NordVPN, have founded a VPN Trust Initiative. It is a part of the famous Internet Infrastructure Coalition – i2Coalition. These unions aim to enhance and improve digital safety for their online users. Here’s everything you need to know.
What Is the Internet Infrastructure Coalition?
First, let’s talk about the Internet Infrastructure Coalition because that’s where it all started. Thisorganization wants to inspire growth and innovation within the internet community. It gathers industry leaders and works on proposing and implementing new solutions to ensure maximum online safety.
It comprises hosting companies, data centers, registries, domain providers, cloud service providers, and other related key players. They discuss various relevant topics, such as the Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
The latter is a federal statute of the US that prohibits third parties from performing unauthorized communications interceptions. The Internet Infrastructure Coalition has been supporting the Electronic Communication Privacy Act reform. And it has gained a significant victory a couple of years back. Two major issues within the ECPA statute were impacting internet infrastructure providers in a negative way:
- Increasing costs through creating a complicated set of rules and regulations in regards to accessing data.
- Warrantless data access to US law enforcement bodies. It harmed the implementation of cloud technology.
Once the House of Representatives accepted the Email Privacy Act, it was a huge game-changer. Since then, this organization has been working hard to implement and improve the existinginternet space. And a lot of industry leaders have been supporting the efforts.
Recently, the Internet Infrastructure Coalition has announced the launch of the VPN Trust Initiative. It focuses on improving digital safety and mitigating risks for VPN users.
What Is the VPN Trust Initiative and Why Is It Important?
VPNs have become a user-favorite when it comes to online anonymity and security. At least 25% of all internet users have used a VPN service within the last couple of months. That is a huge number of users. So it is vital to ensure that everyone is following the best practices to ensure maximum user safety and satisfaction.
The VPN Trust Initiative aims to gather industry leaders to advocate and validate different guidelines and policies to ensure that the customers are safe. That means that the initiative is in constant contact with policymakers and legislators. They try to educate them and encourage them to improve the world of technology.
In short, the VPN Trust Initiative aims to:
- Define best VPN practices
- Create new and enhance already-existing industry standards
- Educate government officials
- Promote suitable regulations
- Educate the tech community
What is the importance of VPN Trust Initiative?
- They protect user rights. Lack of education has been present within the lawmakercommunity. It has caused them to pass some laws that act against safeguarding user rights. The VPNTrust Initiative wants to educate both thepublic and the government about the importance of privacy, freedom of speech,and free access to information. They act on behalf of all internet users andgive them a voice.
- They improve the VPN service. VPNs have become popular, but many providers don’t follow the best practices.They only want to earn a quick buck. The VPN TrustInitiative works on creating enhanced qualitystandards to ensure safety. All members of the coalition will have to followthese guidelines and guarantee that their service follows all the latestindustry standards.
Having organizations such as the Internet Infrastructure Coalition and the VPN Trust Initiative is a must. The digital world is full of sensitive data and misinformed users. They need a voice and knowledge to ensure that their digital presence is risk-free. Having major companies join these efforts is essential. It ensures that policy suggestions and industry improvements will reach the right people.
Hint: We suggest you go with the NordVPN. Just click on the below button to get the 68% discount on NordVPN.
VPN Trust Initiative – FAQs
What is VPN trust Initiative?
The VPN Trust Initiative aims to gather industry leaders to advocate and validate different guidelines and policies to ensure that the customers are safe.
What is the importance of VPN Trust Initiative?
It helps to protect user rights while improving the VPN service.
What is Internet Infrastructure Coalition?
It is an organization that wants to inspire growth and innovation within the internet community. It gathers industry leaders and works on proposing and implementing new solutions to ensure maximum online safety.