Want to Convert Image to Excel? Want to reuse your taken photos of the documents and make them editable? It would be nice to make functional all those pictured documents, especially those problematic spreadsheets. Maybe it seems complicated, but actually, it’s a very straightforward move. This tutorial will give you possible methods to convert Image to Excel online and offline.
JPG is one of the best web-friendly formats of image files that are made of small size. The time comes, where you have to extract text from image files and edit them. It might be a big task for anyone to do so. The only solution is the OCR tools. These tools help us to recognize text on image as computer-readable characters where users can copy, paste, and edit the text on image files.
File formats can be easily changed by combining the functionalities to transform from one file (JPG) format to another (Excel). To do this, there are a few online free or offline paid OCR tools working on file converters.
1. Extract Data from Image to Excel with Microsoft Office
Even though Microsoft Office Excel does not have the option to offer OCR feature to extract data from the image to excel file, OneNote from Microsoft Office can help to convert picture to excel table.
Microsoft Office OneNote is a free program facilitating team collaboration, it can help you to create notes, drawings, clips, even audio, then gather all the information for multiple user’s usages. To copy the text from screenshot or other image files, Microsoft Office OneNote builds in the OCR feature to OCR pictures to text.
So, here is how we utilize Microsoft Office to convert image to text in Excel with clear steps. Use OneNote OCR to extract the data first, then save the text to the Excel table.
- First, you have to install and launch Microsoft OneNote in Mac AppStore.
- Click on the ‘Insert’ tab on the top main menu.
- Select the ‘Picture’ option and upload a JPG image to OneNote.
- Right-click on the picture and choose the “Copy Text from Picture” option from the list to start the OCR processing.
- Now you launch Microsoft Office Excel, paste the picture text to excel, and save the file.
2. Convert Image to Excel Online
Online free tools available for the image to excel converter is quite large in quantity. Basically, there are 2 kinds of online free image to excel converters, one requires an email address to download converted excel files, while the other one doesn’t. For convenience and saving your email box from spam letters, online free image to excel converters that don’t require submitting email address are recommended, here are the 2 recommended tools listed for you and those are very convenient.
2.1. Using online2pdf:
It is completely an online document converter offering free services to transfer PDF and image files into searchable PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, RTFD, Text, and ODT in batch.
There are 6 languages supported by this online free tool, including English, French, German, Spanish, etc.
Also, users can adjust the setting or customize accurately to change decimal separator and data formatting in the excel file.
2.1.1. How to Convert Image to Excel online using an online2pdf tool?
Watch a video tutorial to understand the process or just continue with the steps mentioned after a video.
- Go to the online2pdf
- Click on the ‘Select files’ to upload JPG image(s) into the program or interface.
- The Maximum file size should not exceed 100 MB.
- All files together should not exceed 150 MB.
- Since it supports batch conversion, you can select up to 20 files.
- Choose the language and select the output as xlsx as you are converting an image to excel.
- Also, you can adjust the setting to customize the image-to-excel conversion.
- Click on the ‘Convert’ button to change the image to excel for free.
- Once ready, follow the prompt to save an Excel file on your Mac PC.
- Batch convert.
- Support PDF, JPG, PNG, BMP, TIF, MDI.
- Allow limited customization on the Excel output.
- Export as 9 editable formats.
- Can recognize only 6 languages.
- Need to manually check due to OCR errors sometimes.
2.2. Using onlinceocr
Another online free document converter converts PDF and image to Microsoft Word, Excel, and Text. [Online OCR Converter]
It supports recognizing files in more than 40 languages.
2.2.1. How to Convert JPG Image to Excel online with onlineocr?
1. Visit Online OCR Image to Excel converter
2. Click ‘Select file’ to add JPG file that you want to convert.
3. Next, choose the file language and also set the file format (Excel) you want to change.
4. At the end, click ‘Convert’ to change JPG file to Excel file.
6. As soon as the conversion is done, you can download the Excel file.
- Relatively higher OCR accuracy
- Support PDF, JPG, BMP, TIFF, and GIF
- Super easy to use
- Recognize 40+ languages
- Maximum 20 image or pictures can be converted
- Do not support batch convert
- Support exporting only 3 formats
- Max file size 15MB
Things You Need to know or must know When Converting Image to Excel for Free:
- Please don’t upload very highly-private images for conversion.
- You must make sure the Internet connection is stable with more speed and fast.
- As there are some file size limits, please don’t upload large images for conversion.
- Re-check the spreadsheet output and manually adjust, if possible, only convert simple image files to excel online free.
2.3. Using PDF Converter:
We face a lot of difficulties while changing file formats from one to another. One among them is converting an image file to an excel file. ‘PDF Converter’ helps you and guides you to convert one file format to another.
Total Time: 5 minutes
Go to the online file converter and upload image file
Visit the online file converter site and choose a JPG file to save it to PDF first.
Download PDF and click Start Over
Download the PDF and click the ‘Start Over’ button on the top-right corner.
Upload PDF file to convert to Excel
Now, upload the converted file (PDF) and click on ‘to Excel’. Let the tool perform its magic and convert the file.
Save the converted Excel file
The converted file will be shown on the screen. Save the Excel file.
3. Convert Image to excel on Windows using Adobe Acrobat DC
Below are the steps to know how to convert images to Excel on windows using Adobe Acrobat DC. First, you need to convert the image to PDF then PDF to Excel.
Step 1: Launch the Adobe Acrobat DC application. Select “Tools” and click on “Create PDF” under Create & edit.
Step 2: Upload the image that you want to convert to Excel and click on the “Create” option. Once the file creates, press ctrl+s on your keyboard to save the file.
Step 3: Now go back to tools and click on the “Export PDF” option.
Upload the created PDF file and choose the output format as Excel Workbook under Spreadsheets. Finally, click on the “Export” option. That’s it… press ctrl+S on your keyboard to save the file on your desired location.
4. Convert Image to Excel on Mac using Adobe Acrobat Reader Pro/ Reader DC
If you have subscribed and installed Adobe Acrobat DC, then you can also utilize this Adobe Acrobat converter to perform Image-to-Excel conversion easily, since Acrobat is also equipped with an OCR feature to work on scanned PDF or images.
Here we take Adobe Acrobat DC as an example to demonstrate how to convert images to excel in Adobe.
- Open the Acrobat Reader DC.
- Click on the ‘Tools’ tab from the top main menu.
- Find and select the ‘Create PDF’ option from the list of PDF features available.
- Sometimes, if it is not visible, then click on the ‘Show More’ option and that feature will be listed.
- You can select a JPG image to upload and click on the ‘Create’ button to make the image in PDF format.
- Then again Click on the ‘Tools’ tab from the top main menu.
- Select ‘Export PDF’ and choose the output as Spreadsheet.
- Click on the ‘Export’ button.
- This process will perform Adobe OCR on the JPG image and you will get the Excel file within seconds.
- Also Read: The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer fix in mac
- 4 useful tips to keep your mac clean and healthy
5. Convert Image to Excel on Mac with Nice Formatting Using Cisdem PDF Converter OCR Mac
Suppose if you want to extract data from the image to excel with exactly the same formatting as the original file, a dedicated image to excel converter is necessary for you to achieve it.
Cisdem PDF Converter OCR Mac, is an expert converter to convert any PDFs and images into 16 formats, including PDF to Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, iWork formats, ePub, HTML, Text, RTFD, and Image, etc.
Its powerful OCR engine can accurately recognize images and export to editable formats with original file formatting retained.
The image OCR feature works on all screenshots, pictures in JPG, BMP, PNG, TIGG, and GIF format.
You don’t need to retype the file again at any cost.
That’s to say for you for sure, you can also convert your images into high-security PDFs or Excel.
5.1.Cisdem PDF Converter OCR Mac key features:
- This will perform the OCR program on all images and pictures, JPG to Excel, PNG to Excel, BMP/GIF/TIFF to Excel.
- Make scanned PDFs searchable and editable.
- Convert PDFs into 16 formats.
- Batch conversion and OCR.
- Create PDFs from other documents (output customizing is also allowed here).
5.2. How to Convert Image to Excel on Mac Using Cisdem PDF Converter OCR Mac
- First, go to the “Converter” interface.
- Here you have 2 ways to add files (images in this case) to the program.
- Either drag & drop the files to the program or click on the ‘+’ button to add files to the interface.
- Once the JPG image is imported to the interface, then it will be under OCR mode by default.
- You can click on the image icon to preview files.
- Then choose the file language and select output as “Excel”.
- Click on the “Advanced Settings” option, a new interface with OCR area marked shows up will open.
- Make sure all the parts are marked correctly for your image, for example here you can say, the tables should be marked in the blue box.
- Also, you can manually modify, if you want to output a table as text, remove the marked box in this zone, click on “Mark Text” in the OCR applied zone, then drag a mark box to include those contents you want to mark as Text.
- You can resize the marked box by dragging its corners from all sides.
- You have complete customization here to play.
- Click on the ‘Convert’ button to start the JPG image to excel conversion process.
- You can find the Excel file in the output folder which is converted with OCR feature.
6.Convert Image to Excel on iPhone
You’ll just need an Image to Excel converter app and you’ll be able to easily make the most of your photos.
6.1. Why use Image to Excel Converter?
First of all, it will save you precious time. There won’t be a need for tedious rewriting of whole tables, invoices, reports, lists, and other documents by hand. This way is even quicker than using a scanner because afterward, you need to convert your scans into editable documents. What else does this useful app have to offer?
– Great conversion quality and recognition of rows and columns
- Complicated tables and screenshots can be converted too
- No limitations on the file size and number of converted files
- Won’t affect your battery or resources
- Absolutely free to use
Apart from these characteristics, Image to Excel has a very clean design and instinctive interface. This makes the app pretty manageable and easy to operate. Let’s see those straightforward moves and how to convert images of tables into MS Excel documents.
6.2. How to Convert Image to Excel on iPhone
Follow these simple steps and get Excel spreadsheet of your photos:
For the start download Image to Excel Converter app and open it
Choose from where you want to convert your image. There are two options: to select an already existing photo from your iPhone or to take a new one
Click on the image which will then show up among converted documents
The last step is to open the converted document in some app that makes editing Excel files possible and start polishing your document. Piece of cake!
7. How to Convert Image to Excel on Windows Using ABBYY FineReader:
ABBYY FineReader is the best tool to edit, convert, and scan. The results are highly accurate and it can recognize hundreds of languages. Download ABBYY FineReader JPG to Excel software onto your Windows PC and install it.
1. Launch the software and click on ‘Open’ and choose ‘Convert to Microsoft Excel’.
2. Now, upload the JPG file that you want to convert or edit.
3. In the ‘Keep formatting’ menu, choose ‘Editable copy’.
4. An Excel file will be opened, save it.
8. Convert Image to Excel on Android Device
There are a lot of simple methods to convert an Image into Excel using an Android Device. From them, I will show you to convert Image to Excel using Microsoft Excel, a product from Microsoft Office.
1. Firstly, download the Microsoft Excel application from playstore on your Android device.
2. Open the application, If you are opening this application, it asks you to sign-in using a Microsoft account (optional) and allow all the permissions.
3. Click on + icon, from the top right corner. And, select Blank Workbook to open.
4. Click on the Sheets option, which is on the left bottom to open the menu bar. There you will find a grid icon with a camera icon. Click on it.
5. Then, the camera will open. Capture the Image which you want to turn into excel. or else, click on the image icon to select the image from your gallery. Choose the image that you want to convert into Excel. Then, it takes time to capture the data in the image and shows you a preview of the data.
6. Click on open and there you will find two options as Open anyway, or Review all. If you want to modify the data from the preview, click on the “Review all” option. or else, choose the other to continue.
7. Then, the data will be automatically arranged in the Excel sheet.
8. Click on the 3 dots, from the top right corner and select the options to save the Excel file. Microsoft Excel allows you to save the file on your device, OneDrive, Google Drive, and more.
So from the above topic, you got the solution like, there is no need to retype the image file in a spreadsheet, just utilize an OCR program to perform the image-to-excel conversion.
Solutions for the process of converting an image to excel may definitely vary for different users depending on your requirements.
But for sure, it can be said the best one to boost your productivity is using a dedicated OCR converter to do the work automatically.
- You May Like: Free way to convert PDF to Word on iPhone
- How to take screenshot on iPhone or iPod or iOS
- How to close running apps on iphone
Convert Image to Excel – FAQs
How do I convert an image to an editable file?
Click the “Choose File” button (different web browsers may have different button names such as “browse…”), a browse window will open, select a local JPG or PNG file and click the “Open” button. 2. Select a Word format, click the “Convert Now!” button to convert. Wait a few seconds for the file conversion to finish.
Does Windows 10 have OCR software?
Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is part of the Universal Windows Platform (UWP), which means that it can be used in all apps targeting Windows 10. With OCR you can extract text and text layout information from images. It’s designed to handle various types of images, from scanned documents to photos.
What is the best free OCR software?
FreeOCR is software for Windows that allows most scanned PDF’s and multi-page Tiff images to be outputted either as plain text or as a Microsoft Word document. It can also scan text from other image files. The software is free to use, even for commercial purposes.