Want to Convert PDF to editable Word? This article will you possible methods to convert PDF to word on Windows, Mac, iPhone, and online free.
PDFs are very commonly used files. It comes in very handy if you know how to Convert PDF to editable Word or Excel or any other file of that kind. Here is how you do it for free online but I would recommend the offline method.
1.Convert PDF to editable Word Using Online Method (Free)
This method would be useful for people who want to do it once in a while and are ok with occasional adverts ( See the 2nd method if you want premium service ). This method is completely free and only requires an active internet connection.
All you need to do is –
- Go to PDFtoWord Website from your favorite browser.
- Just choose Word by clicking on the drop-down menu with ‘ PDF ‘ selected by default. You can also convert PDF to Excel or Powerpoint by selecting Excel or Powerpoint from the drop-down.
- Once selected just choose your desired file from your computer by clicking on the ‘ select your file ‘ button.
- Then just enter your email address on which you will receive the link to the converted file. So make sure that you have the password to the email address and it is properly functioning.
- Once you are done with all the steps just click on ‘ Convert Now ‘ and go to your email inbox where you will receive the link to the converted file which you can then download.
This method though free is a bit time consuming and long . Moving on to the Offline method which is not free but is super easy and fast.
- Read: 2 Free Ways to Convert Word To PDF with Hyperlinks
- 7 Best PDF editor Softwares for Windows or Mac
2.Using WonderShare PDFelement (Recommended)
Wondershare PDFelement is personally used by me and is super easy, fast, and reliable. Though this application is not free but only costs a little money for the lifetime license and you can also get a free trial. It is the best alternative to Adobe Acrobat reader which gives almost every feature for editing and converting PDF files. You can read our complete Review about Wondershare PDFelement for full details.
All you need to do is –
- Buy or download Free Trial of PDFelement. Install the software. After you open PDFelement you need to select the ‘ Edit PDF ‘ option.
- Once you are in the editor with your PDF selected, Go to the File menu and click on ‘ Convert ‘.
- Once in the Convert Tab just choose your desired file format and click on ‘ Convert ‘. You get to choose from over 10+ file format unlike the free method.
As you can see yourself that you can covert PDFs using PDFelement in only 3 steps whereas the Online method takes 5 Long steps.
3.How to convert PDF to Word using Acrobat
Below are listed out the best simple steps to convert PDF to a Word document using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- First, open your PDF file using Adobe Acrobat Reader. Adobe Acrobat DC Pro
- Click on the File option from the top main menu.
- Select the PDF file that you want to convert to a Word document file.
- Click on the ‘Tools’ tab from the top menu beside the Home tab.
- Now choose the ‘Export PDF’ option from the options available.
- Now select your PDF file by clicking on the button ‘Select PDF files to Export’ in case you have not selected the PDF file in the first steps.
- you can see ‘Convert To’ drop down with a lot of options in the list.
- Since we are going to convert PDF file to Word document, choose ‘Microsoft Word Document (*.docx) or Microsoft Word 97-2003 Document (*.doc) from the dropdown list’. Now click on the button ‘Export to RTF’.
- DOC is a document format used by Microsoft Word, while DOCX is its successor. Both are relatively open, but DOCX is more efficient and creates smaller, less corruptable files. If given the choice, use DOCX. DOC is only necessary if the file will be used by pre-2007 versions of Word. The XML-based DOCX format became the default save file for Word in the 2007 version of the software.
- Note that the button will change automatically based on the format you select in the drop-down menu.
- Suppose if you select a word, then the button will change to ‘Export to Word’, etc.
- You can also select multiple files by clicking on the ‘Add Files To Export’ button.
- That’s it you are done with your job of converting PDF to Word document.
4.Using Cisdem PDF to Word Converter for Mac
Cisdem PDF to Word converter for Mac is the most efficient tool to convert any PDF to Word on Mac system. It is considered as most recommended by many of the experts as it retains the original layout and structure as it is from the PDF.
It resembles the accurate layout that retains the originality including layouts, images, and table format.
It saves the time and there is no need of manual copy-paste job and eliminates the tedious job.
It has very high quality and even converts the PDF those are encrypted. It removes the password encryption while converting.
Follow the below steps to convert PDF to word on Mac using Cisdem tool:
1) Buy Cisdem PDFtoWordConverter for Mac Install the software. Our readers get a special 25% discount using the coupon code: VWANT25 at the checkout.
Open the software. Just Drag and Drop the PDF in the box shown below to convert to Word. Batch conversion is also supported here.
2) You can even use the ‘+’ symbol to add more PDF files to be converted.
3) The maximum number of PDF files can be converted will be 50 files at each time.
4) Once PDF is added, then options will be displayed as shown below.
5) You can choose the range and customize as you need.
6) By default ‘All Pages’ option will be selected and all pages will be converted with this option.
7) You can convert the PDF to either ‘PDF to Docx’ or ‘PDF to Rtfd’. Please see below screenshot for options in drop down.
8) Then once the PDF files are selected, you can see the ‘Convert’ button which is used to convert.
9) Then click on the ‘Convert’ button to start conversion. The status can be visible while converting. A Single or batch of files can be converted.
10) Once it is done, you can check the results of conversion which is very accurate without any mess up.
- You May Also Like: How to Protect PDF with Password and Anti-Copy technology
- 2 Ways to remove password from PDF
- 3 Super Useful tips to Compress PDF file
5.How to Convert PDF to Word on iPhone
Introducing PDF to Word, a state of the art OCR conversion app that fits all your PDF needs. This app is available even for Android users. It has a free and premium version. The free version does what you need. Free version converts files even from online services like Google Drive, iCloud, Gmail, Dropbox or OneDrive.
- Powerful document scanner.
- Automatic paper recognition when scanning.
- Ability to rotate and apply filters to scanned documents.
- Convert images and screenshots of documents.
Step 1: Download PDF to Word to your device
Click Here to download PDF to Word app from the app store. Or Type PDF to Word in the search tab on your App Store and you will find that this app is on the first place.
You can download it by tapping on the Install button and the app will start downloading. Once it safe and sound on your device, it will most likely appear on the last page of your screen. Swipe over to it and open the app.
Step 2: Select which PDF you want to convert
There are 2 ways to do so: First way is to manually select the file from within your device. If you have it on your hard drive, go to whatever folder you are keeping it in, and import it to PDF to Word. This might take a while, and generally this is the harder way to import your files since the iOS platform doesn’t have a file browser.
The other way to import the file is via integrated importing services. Connect your desired cloud service with PDF to Word, and once you select the service, PDF to Word will list all the files you have within that cloud storage. The newest file will appear on top, while the oldest one will be last on the list.
Step 3: Leave it to the app
Once you’ve selected the file, PDF to Word automatically sends it to Cometdocs servers and your job is pretty much done. All you have to do is patiently sit and wait for the conversion to be finished. Once the file is sent to the server, it will show up on the main screen, as well as show you the status of conversion. As for the files you previously converted, they will also appear on that same place, but below all ongoing conversions.
Step 4: Preview your new MS Word file
Once the conversion is done, the file will be downloaded from Cometdocs servers and will appear on the top of the list of conversions and files that were previously converted. The icon of the file will now be blue and representing a MS Word file. Tap on the file and select Preview in the bottom left corner of your screen.
All files are converted to .docx format, which is the primary file editing format for almost any editing app. The content of the PDF will remain unchanged, so you can expect all your layouts, images, text formatting, etc. to be just like in the original PDF file.