Want to Delete WhatsApp messages for particular contact. Or do you want to clear the entire WhatsApp chat history? Don’t worry here I am going to give you a tutorial about How to clear WhatsApp chat history and particular messages.
Table of Contents
Why do you need to delete WhatsApp messages?
Whatsapp is the most popular messaging app today. It is a very cheap messaging alternative to SMS. You can easily send images, video, and voice through WhatsApp. You can get the Whatsapp app for android, iOS and windows phone as well.
You can send any messages through WhatsApp. You may even send confidential messages through it. It is not good practice to keep confidential messages in WhatsApp. Because anyone may hack your mobile and steal your important information. So it is good to delete important messages. Read this quick guide to delete messages and chat history in WhatsApp.
- Read: How to send a video from android to email, WhatsApp.
- How to compress a video on android for email, WhatsApp
- How to use WhatsApp on PC
Video Tutorial: How to Delete WhatsApp Chats as well as Entire Chats History
How to Delete WhatsApp messages?
Open WhatsApp. Go to chat. Open any contact name in which you want to delete the message. Touch and hold any message which you want to delete. That message will be highlighted and you will see a new menu that contains the delete option at the top.
If you want to delete multiple messages from the same contact, just touch other messages to select. Select the delete option to delete selected messages.
How to clear the entire WhatsApp chat history?
This procedure will clear all chat messages in your WhatsApp. Apply this option only when you want to clear all messages from all contacts.
Open the WhatsApp app. Touch on three dots symbol in the top right corner. You will see the options shows that in the below screenshot. Select the Settings option.
Select the Chat and calls option as shown in fig below. Some other versions may show only the Chat option.
Select chat history as shown in fig below.
6. Select Clear all chats. as shown in fig below.
- If you want to clear messages older than 30 days, select the messages older than 30 days option.
- If you want to clear the message older than 6 months, select the Messages older than 6 months option.
- If you want to clear all messages, select all message options.
- Click the clear option, as shown in the figure below.
- Read: How to uninstall Mozilla Firefox completely.
- How to install the Mozilla Firefox browser on windows.
- How to export, import, backup Firefox bookmarks
I hope, you have learned about how to delete WhatsApp messages. If you know any other method, please share it through the comment section. If you like it, do me a favor by sharing it with your friends.