Is your device (PC, laptop, mobile, etc) is getting slow? Cache in the device may cause the device to slow by consuming more space. So you need to clear the cache regularly. Do you know how to clear the cache on PC, Mobiles?
In this article, I am going to show you how to clear the cache on different devices? Clear cache is all about clearing browser history or cache in Every Major Browser like Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Edge, and on mobile browsers as well.
What Is Browser Cache?
Your browser’s cache, pronounced cash, is a collection of web pages stored on your hard drive or in your phone/tablet storage. The cache includes the text, images, and most other media contained on web pages that you have visited many times.
If the browsers keep a local copy of a web page you visited stored with them, then next time when you visit the same web page, your computer or the mobile devices do not have to download again from the Internet. But this Internet cache may take a big chunk of files, media, images stored on your computer storage.
Why and when you want to clear browser history or cache?
Some of the browsers are very good enough about making a decision on which content or files to store in the cache. Sometimes they will become inefficient and cannot find the website you visited or you have done any changes. In this type of case, the browsers will get the cached version of junk from its local storage which will make a big chunk of junk files.
This is the time for you to make a to-do hard refresh that page, in other words, it means to you “clear your browser cache”.
Forcibly Browsers to make a Hard Refresh:
Before you make the clearing of your browser history, you can make a try because it’s much speedy and efficient with a single keyboard shortcut.
You can make a note on the following keys to hard refresh in web browser.
- Google Chrome browser in Mac: Command+Shift+R
- Google Chrome browser in Windows & Linux: CTRL+F5
- Firefox in Mac: Command+Shift+R
- Firefox in Windows & Linux: CTRL+F5
- Safari: Command+Option+R
- Opera on Mac: Command+Alt+R
- Opera on Windows: Shift+F5
Normally making a hard refresh will get rid of your problem in some situations. However, if it is not working, then you have to clear the browser cache to confirm that you are watching the live version of a web page in the below ways.
How to Clear Browser Cache in Every Major Browser?
Clearing the Internet cache can fix some browsing problems when the browser is sluggish, free up space for you, and remove saved versions of visited pages for privacy reasons.
Most browsers let you clear the Internet cache quickly via a keyboard shortcut of Ctrl+Shift+Del (Windows) or Command+Shift+Delete (Mac).
Otherwise, you can try your browser’s Settings, Privacy, or Advanced options.
We provided this article in the form of a video tutorial for our reader’s convenience. If you are interested to read, you can skip the video and start reading.
1. Clearing Internet history or Cache in Google Chrome
Google Chrome is one of the most popular browsers and it will be used by many Mac users.
Here are the steps on how to clean the internet history or cache in Chrome.
- Simply you can launch the Chrome web browser on your Mac machine and then clock on the “three-dot menu” at the extreme right corner.
- In the menu, you can select the “More Tools” option.
- Choose the option “Clear Browsing Data…” from the list of options.
- This option will display the Google Chrome Settings with the “Clear Browsing Data” dialog window in front of you.
- You have to go to the Basic settings tab and then choose the “All time” option which is beside the Time range field.
- Just below this option, you can find and want to select the checkbox beside the “Cached images and files” label.
- You should select the option “Cookies and other site data”.
- All cookies that sit in the browser’s storage will be deleted.
- By doing this, it can surely help to log out from end sessions and all websites.
- Next to that, the “Clear data” button should be clicked and your Chrome will now clear the browser history or cache.
2. Clearing browser history or Cache in Firefox
In Mozilla’s Firefox browser, you clear the cache from the Clear Recent History or Clear Data section.
- The Ctrl+Shift+Del (Windows) or Command+Shift+Delete (Mac) keyboard shortcut is the fastest way to open the Clear Recent History screen.
- Choose the “Everything” from the Time range to clear options, assuming that’s your intent.
- Check the checkboxes as you wish and finally click on the ‘Clear Now’ button to clear the cache.
- First, you need to go to the Firefox browser on your system.
- After that, click on the menu which is present at the top extreme right corner.
- Then choose the ‘Preferences’.
- It displays the Firefox settings screen in front of you.
- From here, you should move to the ‘Privacy & Security’, and then the ‘Clear Data’ button should be clicked.
- Firefox will check with you which data you need to delete. You have to select the ‘Cached Web Content’ and the ‘Clear’ button should be clicked.
- Firefox browser should erase the cached web content now.
3. How to remove browser history or Cache in Internet Explorer?
Internet Explorer was set as the default browser in most of the computers. After many years now it was overtaken by the new Microsoft Edge browser.
In Internet Explorer, you can clear the browser cache in the “Delete Browsing History” page.
As with similar other web browsers, the most efficient solution to erase the Browsing History is by using the keyboard shortcut “Ctrl+Shift+Del”.
However, many users still use it. If you are one of those users, then this is how you will clear browser cache in Internet Explorer.
- First, you need to launch Internet Explorer (IE) on your computer.
- After, that you need to click the gear icon at the extreme right corner.
- Then choose “Safety” and click on the “Delete browsing history…”.
- Next, you need to check and uncheck the below options as shown.
- Finally, make sure to press on the Delete button to continue, and Internet Explorer will make sure to empty your browser cache.
4. How to delete Internet Cache in Microsoft Edge
Edge is the default browser on Windows 10 computers. Here is how you will clear browser cache in Microsoft Edge.
- First, you need to open the Edge browser on your computer.
- After that, you need to click on the three-dot menu at the extreme corner of the browser screen and then choose the ‘Settings’ option.
- Next, you need to click on the ‘Choose what to clear’ button under the ‘Clear browsing data’ section.
- This will bring up the ‘Clear browsing data’ panel in front of you.
- From here, you need to select ‘Cached data and files’ and ‘Cookies and website data’ options.
- Click on the ‘Clear’ button and Microsoft Edge will now clear the browser cache for you.
5. Clearing Internet or browser Cache in Safari
Safari is the default browser on the Mac operating system. Here is how to clear browser cache in Safari.
- First, you need to open the Safari web browser on your computer.
- After that, click on the History tab and then choose the option “Clear History…” from the top menu.
- Safari will now ask you to select a time range.
- Select ‘All history’ from the ‘Clear’ dropdown menu and then click on the ‘Clear History’ button.
- Safari will now delete all temporary data including cache, cookies, and all temporary website data.
6. Clearing Internet or browser Cache in Opera
If you are using the Opera web browser, then here is how to clear your browser cache in Opera.
- First, open the Opera web browser on your computer.
- After that, click on the menu icon on the top right corner of the screen and then click on the ‘Clear browsing data’ button.
- This will bring up a popup on the screen. From here, first, you need to select ‘All-time’ next to the time range dropdown menu. After that, check the box next to the ‘Cached images and files’ option.
- Now you can click on the ‘Clear data’ button, and Opera will empty your browser cache.
- Also Read: Best method to compress files
- How to watermark pdf
- Simple method to convert word to pdf, excel to pdf, image to pdf,...
Clearing Internet or Browsing cache on mobile devices, Android or iOS:
1. Clear Cache In The Chrome Mobile App:
- On the Android mobile device, open the Chrome app and tap the three-dotted menu icon at the top of the screen.
- In the case of iOS users, it can be found this button at the bottom.
- You can tap Settings on the main menu.
- Now tap to the ‘Privacy’ option.
- Choose the ‘Clear browsing data’ button.
- Check and mark the checkbox beside “Cached images and files”.
- Select “Clear data” on Android or “Clear Browsing Data” on iOS, and then confirm with Clear (Android) or Clear Browsing Data (iOS) in the pop-up window to clear the Internet cache.
2. Clear browser cache in The Firefox Mobile App:
To clear the browser cache on the mobile app:
- First, tap the menu which is indicated by three line symbol at the top of the screen. Choose Settings in the menu.
- Choose the option “Clear private data” in Android
- Either you can choose the “Data Management” in iOS.
- Make sure to make the Cache option enable.
- Choose the button “Clear Data” in Android.
- If you are using it on an iOS device, then choose “Clear Private Data” and then OK to confirm.
3. Clear Internet cache in The Safari Mobile App:
- Settings app should be opened and then click on Safari.
- Just go down and click on the “Clear History and Website Data”.
- Click on the “Clear History and Data” button to confirm in the pop-up window.
4. Clear Cache In The Opera Touch Mobile Browser:
You can clear the cache from the Opera Touch mobile app, too.
- Use the Opera option at the bottom of the app.
- Then choose the “Settings” option from the list of options available.
- You can choose “Clear browsing data” on Android device, or select the “Clear Browser Data” on iOS.
- Tap the “Cached images and files” to place a check next to it. Means select the checkbox as marked.
- Choose the “Clear Data” button on Android, or the “Clear” button on iOS.
With Opera app:
- Suppose if you are using the Opera app, then tap on the “Settings” from the Opera menu.
- Go to “Clear browsing data”.
- Choose on the “Advanced” option at the bottom.
- Then follow to select “Cached images and files”, and then tap on the “Clear Data”.
- You May Like 8 Best Ways to Improve Mac Performance and Speed
- How do I create playlist in iTunes on Mac
- How to Encrypt Files on Mac with Password Protection
I hope you like my tutorial about How to Clear Internet Cache in Every Major Browser. If you Like it!! then please Share it. If you want to add anything to it, please let us know through the comments section.