This article gives you an easy solution to the question of how to increase the internal memory of the Android phones. It also covers, how to use the restore factory settings option in android phone. In this article, I am going to give you four methods to increase the internal memory of the Android phones. If you don’t get enough memory with the first three methods, then only go for the fourth method.
Can you increase the Internal Memory of the Android Phone?
Certainly, it is possible to increase the internal memory of the Android phone. You just need to follow below four methods.
- Uninstall unnecessary apps.
- Move apps to SD Card from Internal Memory.
- Move images and videos to SD Card from memory.
- Factory reset Android.
When you try to increase internal memory in android, always there is a chance to lose your data. You may lose your applications and contacts. It is must take Android phone backup. For that, you must read my article about how to Backup Android phone and restore. If you are serious about your complete files in the android phone and PC, you need to use online cloud backup services like iDrive (75% Discounted link). You can read the iDrive Review for complete details.
- Read: How to use the Android YouTube offline feature to watch videos offline
- 5 Best Free Video editing apps for Android
Before the below methods, make sure that your mobile’s memory card has enough memory. If you are using less capacity memory card, first purchase a memory card of high-capacity.
How Do I free up internal Storage on My Android Phone
1.Uninstall unnecessary apps
The application consumes too much space. Probably, you may use only a few applications. You can uninstall unnecessary apps to free up space. Uninstall unnecessary applications by the below steps.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Apps (Application Manager).
- Touch on any unnecessary application.
- Touch Uninstall.
Like this, you can uninstall all unnecessary applications from your phone memory. Still, if don’t have the required free space in phone memory, follow the second step.
2. Move apps to SD Card
You can Move applications from phone memory to memory card. Some applications may not support this feature. But you can move all apps which support memory card.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Apps.
- Click on any application.
- Click on Storage.
- Click the Change option if it is available. If you don’t see the Change option, you can not move the app to SD Card.
- Select the Move option to move the app.
Now the application has moved from phone memory to memory card by leaving some space in the phone memory. All applications do not support this feature. Send as many applications as possible to the memory card, which has the “Move to SD card” option.
Still don’t have the required free space in phone memory, follow the third and perfect step.
- Related: 4 Common Android problems and their solutions
- How to use Android USB tethering for internet access
3. Move Images & Videos to external storage
Move all your files from internal memory to external storage.
- Go to apps.
- Go to “My files”. If you use any other file manager app, you can open that.
- Go to DCIM in your internal storage media.
- Select your images or videos.
- Go to advanced options and select “Move”. It will leave space in internal memory.
Now go to your camera settings and select external storage media as your storage media.
4. Factory Reset Android
Restore the phone to original factory settings by the below steps. Before going to restore the factory settings of your Android, you must take the backup of your phone contacts and applications. To make a backup of android apps and contacts, you must read my article Backup Android phone and Restore.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to About Phone.
- Click on Reset.
- Click Factory data reset.
Now your entire phone memory will be erased. Restore the complete applications and contacts by following the method in the article Backup Android phone and restore.
- You May Also Like: 7 working tips to extend Android battery life
- How to compress a video on Android for email, WhatsApp, or Facebook
- How to hide Android apps