“Win32diskimager” is a free bootable USB creator software. By using this software, you can make bootable pen drive from ISO image. With this software, you can also create bootable memory card.
What is Win32diskimager?
It is a freeware software which can create bootable USB and bootable memory card. You can write ISO image file to USB or memory card, and you can also read ISO image file from USB.
Here I am giving you the step by step procedure to read an image file from memory card or USB and to write the image file to the memory card or USB. Writing ISO file to USB is nothing but making bootable USB.
How to use Bootable USB creator software
For doing the above task, you must download two software
- Download “Win32Diskimager” ZIP file from here and extract “.exe” file.
- Download “SD Formatter” from here and install. It will help to format the USB and memory card completely. Read How to use SD Formatter to remove the virus completely from USB.
1.How to Read ISO image from USB
- Connect memory card or USB to the computer.
- Open win32diskimager.exe file.
- A memory card or USB must be shown automatically under “Device.” Otherwise, click on down arrow mark and select your device.
- Choose the destination folder by clicking on the small square box, which is next to the rectangular space under “Image File”.
- Type any name in the rectangular space, which is just below “Image File”.
- After typing the name “Read” and “Write” buttons will be highlighted.
- Click on “Read” button. The image file will be copied from external device to your file name.
2.Writing image file to memory card or USB (Making bootable USB)
- Connect memory card or USB to a computer.
- Format an external device with SDformatter. It is must use external software to format the memory card or USB because Windows does not do a complete format.
- Open win32diskimager.
- Your external device should be shown under “Device”. Otherwise, click arrow mark and select device.
- Click on the square box which is next to empty place under “Image File” to browse computer and select an image file.
- After selecting the image file “Read” and “Write” buttons will be highlighted.
- Click on “Write”. After some minutes your bootable device will be ready.