Want to know how to change the Gmail username and want to Change the Gmail address? Do you want to change the name displayed with your email address? Read this simple guide for the answers to your questions.
When and Why should I change Username and Email address?
When you send any mail, the receiver will see your Username in the inbox, shows that in the below screenshot. When they open your mail, then only they can see your email ID.
So username place a very important role to find you or your business. You can change the username to your business name to give publicity for your business. If you like, you can use your personnel name.
Some people do not like their Email address. They want to give some beautiful look to Email ID. Some people may want to stop too many unnecessary mails. In that case, they need to change the Gmail address.
- Read: Quick guide to view, add, edit and delete Gmail contacts.
- How to recover deleted Gmail contacts.
- How to send secure email in gmail.
How to change Gmail Username?
We provided this article in the form of video tutorial for our reader’s convenience. If you are interested in reading, you can skip the video and start reading.
It is possible to change name displayed along with your Email ID.
1.Log in into your gmail account.
2. Click on the Profile symbol at the right upper corner of the page which indicates your account. And then click on the Manage your Google Account option as shown in the below image.
3. Now you can see Google account settings window. Click on the Personal Info section.
4. Now you can see the personal information window as shown in the below image. Click on the Name row.
5. Now on the edit page you can specify the name in the name section what you would like. And then click on the Save option
6. After completing the above steps, your username will be changed successfully.
- Read: How to email large video files tips to share videos.
- Top 5 best Secure Email services – can you use
How to Change Gmail Address?
Frankly speaking, it is not possible to change the Gmail address. One address corresponds to one account.
When you want to change the Gmail address, just delete the Gmail account and create a new Gmail account with your required Gmail address. You can read our article on How to delete the Gmail account permanently to delete the Gmail account.
Now you know about How to Change Gmail address & Username. If you know any other method please share with us as the comment. Consider sharing this article with your friends. Want more tips, You may like us on Facebook, and Twitter. Subscribe to whatvwant channel on YouTube for regular updates.