Want to know how to access Gmail Offline? Ran out of the internet and want to use Gmail Urgently? Gmail provides a feature to overcome these kinds of situations and in this article, I will show you using it.
Gmail is the most used email provider all over the world to communicate with each other through emails. So, providing a feature like offline access helps its users to save and backup their messages also in offline. Many of us don’t know about this feature and suffered a lot to access Gmail because of internet issues.
Go through this article to know complete information to access, backup, and save Gmail messages being offline.
What is Gmail offline?
Gmail is one of the best and most popular Email providers. To send or receive an Email must require internet. We may don’t have internet access every time and in that situation, Gmail offline is a very useful feature. This is an inbuilt feature provided by Gmail. Basically, this feature is not enabled. Turn On this Gmail Offline feature and backup your emails, so that you can access those backup emails while being offline.
- READ MORE: Top 5 Free Gmail Backup Tools To Download Your Emails
- How to get Gmail backup into PC hard drive
How to backup and save Gmail messages offline
We provided this article in the form of video tutorial for our reader’s convenience. If you are interested in reading, you can skip the video and start reading.
This section will let you know to back up and save Gmail messages offline.
Total Time: 5 minutes
STEP1: Login to Gmail on Chrome Browser
1. Make sure you have downloaded Google Chrome on your computer. Because you can use Gmail Offline only in a Chrome Browser window.
2. Login to your Gmail account on Chrome browser using your credentials.
STEP2: Select Settings
Click on the gear icon on the top right corner. And then the See all settings option.
STEP3: Select Enable offline mail checkbox and customize other settings
1. On the settings page, select offline option.
2. Next, select Enable offline mail checkbox.
3. In the Sync settings, choose how many days of messages you want Gmail to store in offline mode. For example, Gmail can store emails in offline from the past 7, 30, or 90 days.
This is an outstanding option. Because you can read emails and download even attachments in offline.
Then you can decide whether to download attachments. By default, this option is enabled.
4. In the Security section, you can choose whether to keep or remove your offline data on your device when signing out of your Gmail account or changing Gmail password.
5. Click on Save Changes button.
1. After saving changes, a pop-up will display saying Offline not recommended for shared devices.
Then simply click on Got it button.
2. Next, another pop-up display saying bookmark your Gmail for making accessing your email offline easy.
STEP: Wait for sometime to Ready to go Offline
Gmail takes time to download and back up your Emails and attachments.
Just wait for few minutes.
Once Gmail downloads messages and attachments for offline. Then a tick mark displays on the top right which shows Ready for offline.
- READ MORE: How to Change Gmail name or Name on Google Account
- How to Get Gmail notification on desktop (with pictures)
How to create an Gmail offline app
Turning ON the Gmail offline mode enables to access Gmail messages offline. One thing you have to notice is that Offline mode applies only for the messages, not for reaching the site. So, to reach Gmail while offline, we have to add a bookmark to our browser. So Gmail asks to add a bookmark after enabling Gmail offline mode.
Rather than adding a bookmark to the browser, we can also create a shortcut, and with that shortcut, we can access Gmail easily right from the Desktop itself. This app helps not only for Gmail offline but also for online usage. Follow the below simple steps to create Gmail offline app.
- STEP-1: Open Google Chrome Browser and Login to Gmail account using login credentials.
- STEP-2: Being on the Gmail inbox page, click on the 3 dots of the browser which is on the top right corner. Move the cursor onto the more tools options and click on create a shortcut.
- STEP-3: Then, a small notification window will pop-up. Enter the name for the shortcut, check-in the open in new tab option, and click on create.
That’s it, a shortcut will be created and you will find it on the Desktop. Using that shortcut, you can access Gmail without opening the browser all the time.
- READ MORE: How to Backup WhatsApp messages with Google Drive?
- 2 Best Ways For Protecting Passwords Can Make You Invincible
Gmail offline is one of the best features that helps a lot of users to overcome internet fewer conditions. Once, after enabling this feature, you can easily access all the backup emails being offline. Bookmarking Gmail is a mandatory action and is the best way to reach Gmail when you don’t have an active internet connection.
I hope this tutorial, How to access Gmail offline, helped you to backup, save Emails in Gmail and access them while being offline. If you like this article, please share it and follow WhatVwant on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube for more Technical tips.
- READ MORE: 2 Ways to Recover deleted Emails in Gmail
- How to Create a new Gmail account (Simple steps with images)?
How to access Gmail offline – FAQs
I have multiple Gmail accounts, but I only see one in Gmail Offline
Gmail offline only syncs the messages for the account you were using when you set it up.
You have to login to your other account for which you want to set it up and turn it ON.
Why I can’t find Email attachments?
When you are offline, attachments cannot be previewed within Gmail. However, you can download them and open them within an application installed on your computer.
Why do I get insufficient offline storage error?
From how long we can store Emails offline?
Gmail allows to store Emails offline from 7, 30, and 90 days.
Can we work on Gmail Offline?
You can read, respond to, and search your Gmail messages even when you aren’t
Can Gmail offline works in other Browsers?
No browsers other than Google Chrome Browser supports Gmail offline.