Want to know How to change profile name on Facebook? Every Social Network Looks like a Messy thing with its multiple Features on its first day and is same with the social Gaint Facebook. We Really don’t Think much of giving a good username for accounts we create on the internet.Anyway Here we will be concentrating more on facebook username settings for now.
I Personally Made a facebook account with a random lazy username instead of using my Original ID. This social network is adapting the latest technologies to throw out the fake and spam users to increase its productivity.No one wants to lose his /her well-used Facebook account, Right? If you are the one willing to change your random username to original one, then this tutorial is for you.
- Related: 2 Methods to delete Facebook chat history
- 5 Methods to download Video from Facebook to PC/Mobile
Table of Contents
Why Should we use Real Names on Facebook?
A Valid Question from Spammers 😉 . Well, This social network was created with a motto of “connecting everyone”. Nowadays it was being used for entertainment and it’s not a bad deal. Here are some thoughts which make me to write my original name on facebook.
- Can be connected Easily on Facebook. It’s easy to find [Username][Initial]” than “[Username][Some random name like angel]” as most of the fake/unused accounts are left with some informal usernames.It’s Better to add your Nickname or something as screen name which too displayed.
- Chances of Having Same Usernames is very Low.
- It Looks like a trustworthy Profile (Remember, Facebook had introduced buy and sell options as well).
- No one is going to trust an account with an informal name for deals.
And So I Decided to change my informal username to my original Name.
How to change profile name on Facebook
Below are steps to change your existed username.It’s so simple as changing a name in your Contact Book. It came with all versions of Facebook and on all devices.
- Head on to Facebook Settings from down arrow mark at top right.
- Click On General Account Settings.
- Click On Name and Edit it. Read the Facebook Name change Policy Terms before editing it. A minute mistake will costs you more here.
- Middle Name is Optional as First and Last Names are mandatory.
- Change your Informal name to original and click on “Review Change”.It doesn’t take time to update name if it is according to the Facebook name policy.
According to Facebook, You must choose a first name and last name to avoid any problems.Even though if you are willing to create an account with a single name then here are helpful links to contact facebook team and to request them for a single name.
- If you want to change your existing username to single Phrase name: Click Here
- If you want to register an account with single phrase username: Click Here
What is “Add Other Name” which is Just Below the Name Section:
It’s Nothing but an option to add your nickname to your Profile.It can be displayed as per your public settings.
- Click on Add Other names which is below the name section in settings. It Can be added from “About” Section as well.
Adding a nickname to your Profile is optional.
Things you need to avoid while changing a username on facebook:
You simply can’t create a username by including the following things as it was against the Facebook policies.
- Symbols, Numbers, Unusual Capital Letters should not be used.
- Repeating Characters are not allowed.
- Titles, Phrases should be avoided.
- Should Not Use Offensive Words.
Remember: You can only change username once in 60 days.
- Related: Simple Guide to Create a Group on Facebook
- How to get Facebook notifications on the desktop using Chrome
Over to you :
Hope you understand the reason behind using the original name on facebook. It’s No Longer late to do so.