Are you troubling with slow internet speed on Android? Want to speed up the Android internet? It is very easy to Speed up android internet. When you reduce data usage, it will automatically Speed up android internet. This tutorial will give you simple tips to reduce android data usage to improve internet speed on your android phone.
Before reading this article, you must read,
Because tips discussed in the above articles may also help to increase your android internet speed.
Table of Contents
Speed Up Android Internet By Reducing Data Usage
Video Tutorial: 5 Tips to Speed Up Android Internet by Reducing Data Usage
When you want to watch a video, click below. Otherwise, skip the video and continue afterward.
1. Set Automatic App Updates over WiFi only
When you switch automatic app updates ON, they will update automatically when updates available. Your internet speed becomes slow while the update is running. Because the update takes the data. You can switch off automatic updates or you can set automatic updates over WiFi only. Even when you switch off automatic updates, you can update them manually. To change automatic app update settings,
- Open the “Play Store” app.
- Touch on the menu symbol which is a three horizontal lines symbol in the top left corner.
- Go to “Settings”. You will see the below screen.
- Tap under “General”. You will see three options shows that in the above screenshot.
- Check “Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only”. If you like, you can check the first option which is “Do not auto-update apps”.
2. Turn on Restrict background data and Turn off Auto Sync data
When you turn on “Restrict background data”, it will stop some apps and services from working in the background. So that you will save data, at the same time you will get good internet speed.
You can turn off auto synchronous option only when you want to save data. Otherwise, it is best practice to turn on auto synchronous. To change the settings of these two options,
- Go to “settings” from the menu of your mobile apps.
- Go to “Data Usage” under “Connections”. You will see the below screen.
- Touch on three dots in the top right corner shows that in above screenshot.
- Check “Restrict background data”.
- Uncheck “Auto-sync data”.
3. Consider using ad-free pro apps
When you use free apps, they will display ads. That means, it consumes your data. So that it may cause to slow down your internet speed. You may consider upgrading free apps to ads-free pro apps. Almost Every free app may have an option to upgrade to the pro version.
4. Use Opera Mini browserS
Opera Mini is a light version of the Opera browser. It will compress webpages so that it will save your data to Speed up android internet. This browser does not support all websites. It will not display many websites. In that case, you can go to the next step.
5. Use Google Chrome data saver
It is the last and best tip to save data and to increase internet speed. Though the android browser is the best browser, you may consider using Google Chrome. Because it has a special data saver feature. When you enable the data saver feature, Google compresses webpages by using their server. To enable data saver option,
- Open Google Chrome. If you don’t have Google chrome in mobile, you may download Google Chrome from Google Play Store.
- Touch on three dots in the top right corner.
- Select “Settings”. Scroll down up to “Advanced”. You will see the “Data Saver” option under “Advanced”.
- Touch on “Data Saver”. You will see the below screen.
Toggle it to ON in the top right corner. Now use your internet through Google Chrome. You can see how much data you have saved through this option shows that in the below screenshot.
You can follow the same procedure on your computer to reduce data usage and to increase internet speed.
Even after following my steps, your internet may not be blazing fast. But I am sure that you will get some improvement in internet speed.
Thanks for reading my article about Speed Up Android Internet by Reducing Data Usage. If you know any other methods, do share it in the comment section. If you like it, do me favor by sharing it with your friends.