Are you searching for Best free antivirus for Mac? Are you a Mac user? And annoyed of Malware, viruses, ransomware, and more? And do you want to get rid of all those? That too with the use of a free version of the best antivirus? Then this is a remarkable article for you. Just go through this article to learn and pick the best free antivirus for your Mac.
Do you need virus protection on a Mac?
Yes. In practice, the macOS is capable to block just a few malware variants and viruses. But it can’t block all. And it doesn’t do anything if files are infected with malware. In such a case, you must depend on the antivirus. These antiviruses protect your macOS against viruses, Trojans, spyware, and other malware in real-time.
What is the best antivirus for Mac?
You can find out many antiviruses that exist on the web to protect your Mac. Out of those you have to pick the best one. That has most features like Real-Time Protection, Web and Email Protection, Wifi Protection, and more.
Hint: Always free Antivirus products have some limitations and they don’t provide you real-time protection and proper support. When you don’t mind about spending a little amount for the best security and support, you need to go with premium software. I suggest you Intego Mac Premium Bundle(50% Special Discounted Link) or Intego Mac Internet Security(50% Special Discounted Link). Our readers get special discounts on Intego products through This Intego Discount Coupon page. Intego is the market leader in producing Mac security products.
When you don’t want to spend money for the security, then continue reading this article for the best free antivirus for Mac.
Is there a free antivirus for Mac?
Yes. You can find many free antivirus software on the web for Mac. Among the many, you have to choose the best one. In this article, the best 5 free antivirus software are discussed. You can just go through it, to find out and learn about them.
- You Might Like: Ashampoo Antivirus Review – Features, Pricing, Pros, and Cons.
- Norton 360 Review: Features, Pricing, Pros and Cons That You need to know
5 Best Free Antivirus for Mac
The following are the 5 best free antivirus software for Mac that you can use for your Mac to protect it against all threats.
- Avast Free Mac Security
- Avira Free Antivirus for Mac
- Bitdefender Virus Scanner for Mac
- Sophos Home Free
- Malwarebytes for Mac.
1. Avast Security for Mac: Best Free antivirus software for Mac
Avast is the world’s largest security network with more than 400 million users around the world. Though it has such popularity, it continues to provide free antivirus to its millions of users to protect against threats. And now you join and use its free version to protect your Mac. It provides remarkable features in its free version. Those features are just enough to protect your Mac in real-time against all threats.
Key features of Avast Security for Mac (Free Version) at a glance
The Avast Free Mac Security has 3 main features. These 3 features protect your Mac against various threats. Those 3 features are.
- Anti-Malware Security.
- Web and Email Shields.
- Wi-Fi Security Scan.
Anti-Malware Security (Real-Time):
Under this, you can see the following protection technology.
- Real-Time Protection.
- Total Malware Detection.
- Removable Drive Scan.
- Real-Time Security Updates.
- Full, Custom and Scheduled Scans.
After seeing the above, you can say, it is effective to block viruses, trojans, spyware, and other malware in real-time. And that is not the end. And it too scans your full Mac to delete any hidden threats. And more.
Web and Email Shields:
Under this, it provides three sub protection levels to your Mac. Those are.
- Web Shield.
- It protects your Mac against malicious websites.
- And stops any dangerous downloads from the web.
- Email Shield.
- It stops you to send and receive of malicious email attachments.
- Online Security.
- By accident, suppose you browse any unsafe sites. Then it warns you of those unsafe sites.
- It stops all annoying ad tracks. Oh! It’s really a great relief!
- Suppose if you mistype the address of a site, then it safely takes you the correct site.
Wi-Fi Security Scan:
Whenever you connect to a Wi-Fi network, then it scans the entire network and all connected devices. And stops hackers, if any, those who try to steal your personal data. Oh! This is an essential thing required for all!
Cons of Avast Security for Mac (Free Version)
- Its free version lacks two notable features. The first one is it can’t provide you instant alerts when you connect to weak Wi-Fi. And gives no alters too about intruders.
- The second one is it can’t stop ransomware.
Price, Plans, and Discount of Avast Security for Mac
The cost of its premium plan is $59.99 for 1 year. And is $109.99 for 2 years. And is $159.99 for 3 years. Our readers get a special 20% discount on Avast Mac Security. You can also check our Avast discount coupon page for the latest offers on all Avast products.
2. Avira Free Antivirus for Mac: Is Avira for Mac safe?
Avira is also a popular free antivirus downloaded by millions of users around the world and trusted by the industry. Now you can use its free application ‘Avira Free Antivirus for Mac‘ to protect your Mac. It is a simple and elegant solution for your online security.
Wow! It is ultra-light, ultra-simple, and ultra-effective. That is it is too easy to use and powerful in action.
It won AV-Test’s Top Product award in 2019. It gains this award for maintaining the first position in the following three categories.
- And Usability.
Key features of Avira Free Antivirus for Mac at a glance
- Real-Time Protection against ransomware and adware.
- Automated Real-Time Security updates.
- It protects your Mac against all online threats like trojans, spyware, viruses, and more.
- It quarantines all suspicious files on your Mac with safe.
- It uploads unknown files if any, to its ‘Protection Cloud’. And AI technology inspects those files.
- It’s Browser Safety Tool blocks annoying banners on sites. And guards you against infected sites and phishing attacks. And it too stops cybercriminals to gain access to your system.
- You can scan your USB drives too.
- You have to just push a button to start the scan.
- And more.
Cons of Avira Free Antivirus for Mac
Its free version lacks some features like new ransomware technology, browsing, and more.
Price, Plans, and Discounts of Avira Antivirus for Mac
The cost of its pro plan is just $2.99 for 1 month. And is $31.99 for 1 year. And is $53.99 for 2 years. And is $72.99 for 3 years.
You can also buy its plan for 3 and 5 devices too. Just click ‘Price and Plans of Avira‘ to know the full details on its plans, prices, and deals.
Our readers get a special discount on Avira Products through This Avira discount coupon page.
3. Bitdefender Virus Scanner for Mac: Does Bitdefender work with Mac?
Bitdefender Virus Scanner for Mac detects Mac malware and Windows viruses too with ease and fast. It scans deep into all locations of your PC. And protects your Mac against malware. It provides free version ‘Bitdefender Virus Scanner for Mac’. You can use this free version to give full protection to your Mac.
Key features of Bitdefender Virus Scanner for Mac at a glance
- It finds both OS X malware and Windows viruses.
- Just before each scan, it updates to find the latest malware. And it updates for each hour to get the newest viruses signatures.
- It scans all critical locations if any, that are prone to infections.
- It searches for malware even in archives. And also in various types of files like pdf, zip, .rar, and more.
- It scans all running apps.
- It quarantines all dangerous files.
- It permits the drag & drop option to scan your files and folders.
- It provides an option to exclude files and folders from the scan.
- It is easy to use.
- And more.
Cons of Bitdefender Virus Scanner for Mac
Its free version lacks many features like multi-layer ransomware protection, full real-time protection, and more.
Price, Plans, and Discount of Bitdefender Virus Scanner for Mac
The cost of its premium plan is $29.99 for 1 Mac for 1 year. And is $34.99 for 3 Macs for 1 year. And is $48.99 for 1 Mac for 2 years. And is $62.99 for 1 Mac for 3 years. Our readers get a special discount on Bitdefender products through This Bitdefender discount coupon page.
4. Sophos Home Free: Is Sophos Free for Mac?
Sophos Home Free is just another popular antivirus that protects both your Mac and PC. It provides you its free version plus 30 days premium free-trial. Oh Great! After completion of 30 days of a free trial, you can upgrade to its premium version. Or you can continue to use its free version. Though it is a free version, it has the most mixed and nice features.
Just go through its features as given below. Then you can definitely use it and stick to it.
Key features of Sophos Home Free at a glance
- It protects your Mac against Mac malware, bots, worms, ransomware, potentially unwanted apps, and more.
- Parental web filtering.
- It permits you to restrict, block, and filter sites. You can control your child from the view of restricted sites. It gives full web filtering power to you. Wow! It’s really a needed thing.
- Full Web Safeguard.
- It effectively uses the vast SophosLabs blacklist database. And blocks connections to dangerous sites.
- Everest in Anti-Ransomware Technology.
- It is a powerful tool to block even the latest ransomware. And avoids encryption of files and data.
- Full Privacy for you.
- It blocks all apps if any, that access to your webcam, microphone, and data without your notice.
- Not 1 but 3 Protective Devices.
- You can use its free version to protect your macOS devices up to 3. Wow! That made all users like you to turn into it. And make use of it ever.
- And more.
Cons of Sophos Home Free
- Its free version may lose certain features after the completion of the 30 days free trial. Those are Ransomware Security, Privacy Protection, and more.
- Its free version may contain ads.
Price, Plans, and Discount of Sophos Home Premium
The cost of its premium version is $36 for 1 year for 10 macOS and Windows devices. And is $72 for 2 years. You can check our Sophos discount coupon page for the latest offers.
5. Malwarebytes for Mac: Best Malware removal for Mac
Malwarebytes for Mac is a light and lean antivirus that effectively removes adware and unwanted programs. It occupies the space of just 3 digital music files. Though it is light, it is effective in its operation. It provides a 14 days trial version to protect your Mac against all threats.
Key features of Malwarebytes for Mac at a glance
- Finishes in less than 15 seconds.
- It scans your Mac in less than 15 seconds.
- It is proactive in blocking adware and unwanted programs.
- Real-time with Latest Technology.
- With its latest tech, it detects and removes malware in real-time.
- It is effective to block viruses, spyware, trojans, and more.
- It updates to the latest tech automatically.
- And more.
Cons of Malwarebytes for Mac
- After completion of its 14 days free trial, it consists of only one feature. That is, ‘cleaning infected Mac’. And it loses all its other features.
- That is, after a free trial, you need to upgrade to its premium version to regain its lost features.
Price, Plans, and Discount of Malwarebytes for Mac
The cost of its premium plan is $39.99 for one year for one Mac device. And is $59.99 for two years for one Mac device. You might get a special discount on our Malwarebytes discount coupon page.
- Recommended: 6 Effective Ways to Repair a Malware damaged PC?
Conclusion: Which is the Best Free antivirus for Mac?
Out of all five which you have seen so far, you can select the best one that suits your Mac. Then you can choose Avast as the best one for the full protection of your Mac. As its free version consists of effective and most features. And protects your Mac in real-time. If you want more protection, you need to go to the Intego Mac Premium bundle (50% Discounted Link) or Intego Mac Internet Security (50% Discounted Link). Which is least expensive and effective in action.