Are you looking for the best Building Information Modelling Software? Have you heard about Revit? Want to know What is Revit and more about Revit Modelling Software? Then, this article will be the best choice for you.
This article will provide you the complete information about Revit like features, uses, pricing, and many more. Revit is one of the best Building Information Modelling software (BIM) from the Autodesk Family.
Table of Contents
What is BIM?
BIM is the Building Information Modelling software from Autodesk to help Architecture, Engineering, and Construction professionals to work effectively and efficiently. It provides all the effective tools required to plan, design, construct, and manage buildings and infrastructures. The lifecycle of a project in BIM software includes Planning, Designing, Building, and Operate. Every project should go through all these steps.
- Read More – 12 Best AutoCAD Alternatives: Similar Software like AutoCAD
- Understanding Investment Intelligence: The Essentials
What is Revit?
Revit is a Building Information software from the family of Autodesk. This software allows you to design the elements like buildings, architectures, elevations, etc., It is fully loaded with a lot of professional designing tools that make the user work more effectively and efficiently. If you are thinking this application is similar to AutoCAD, then you are wrong. AutoCAD enables you to design the categories like Mechanical, Automobile, and Construction, Architectural designing. Whereas, Revit mainly concentrates only on Architectural design, structural, and MEP Engineering. The Process starting from Conceptual design, visualization, and analysis to fabrication and construction, is collectively known as a project cycle. This BIM software makes the user complete the project cycle accurately and effectively.
What is Revit Used for
Revit is used in various fields like design architecture, Structural Engineering, and MEP Engineering. In this section, I have discussed the categories of Revit and how they use it.
1. Architectural Design
The architectural field is one of the primary sectors that use Revit for designing. They use this software to design 3D models of interior design, elevations of a building, etc., The usage of the application in the Architectural Design unit are listed below.
- Design & Documentation – It is used to place the doors, windows, and other components with ease. Automatically generates the documentation for design elements, process, components used, 3D views, and rendering.
- Analysis – Used to analyze the early-stage project performance regarding design, run cost estimation. Moreover, it monitors the performance for the project’s lifetime.
- Visualization – It is used to generate photorealistic visuals and renderings along with the creation of documents.
- Multidiscipline coordination – As everyone knows that Revit is one of the Multidiscipline Building Information Modelling platforms. It helps you to share the design file with the contractors and engineers easily.
This application can be used by integrating with Insight, Recap, and Dynamo Studio.
- READ MORE –Able2Extract Professional 11 Review: Edit Your PDF Documents in a Few Clicks
- PosterMyWall Review: The Best Free Graphic Designing Software Online
2. Structural Engineering
In structural Engineering, Revit is used for quick and effective designing, detailing, and documentation of the project. For streamlined projects, it is used from the initial design stage to the final fabrication stage.
- Concrete reinforcement – Using the advanced BIM environment, you can create detailed reinforcement designs and shop drawings.
- Design to Detail Workflows – Used to connect the detailing workflow with steel designs to define the higher-level details of steel connections in the Revit model.
- Design Documentation – It creates the documentation of steel and concrete elements effectively and accurately. As the document projects the detailed information of the project.
- Structural Analysis – By creating the physical model in the Revit, it starts analyzing the structural components.
This application can be used by integrating with Advance steel, and Precast Extension for Revit.
3. MEP Engineering
Revit is also used for Mechanical, Electrical, and plumbing applications even to design complex shapes with great detailing and coordination with building project contributors.
- Integrated Design – It collaborates the engineering design process with Revit and provides all the design data in a single file for communication and coordination.
- Analysis – You can conduct simulations and interference detection at the initial stage of the design process.
- Documentation – You can create and produce the building information model of architectural and structural components which includes the design, model, and document building systems.
- Fabrication – A Model can be created for the detailed coordination of fabrication and installation by using the tools of the automated layout.
This applications can be used by integrating with Fabrication CADmep, and Fabrication ESTmep.
In the construction, Revit is used to gather the design data during the preconstruction stage to take effective decisions for minimizing the risks.
- Used to make smarter decisions.
- To reduce the time of fabrication, it is used to connect the structural design to detailing.
- Used to create models for fabrication and building systems and installation.
- For easy communication and coordination, Revit models are used. It increases the construction site layout productivity.
- READ MORE – 2 Ways To Create Your Own Movie Poster With Free Online Designer Tools
- Top 5 Free Movie Poster Maker Websites And Online Design Services
- Generative Design – Based on the defined goals and constraints, it quickly produces design alternatives
- Parametric Components – An open and graphical system for design and form-making
- Workspace – Easy to share the work file
- Schedules – To create a tabular display from the properties of the project
- Interoperability and IFC – imports, exports, and share the files in commonly used file formats
- Add-ins – Extend the Revit functionality with API access and third-party solutions
- Annotation – Easy to communicate designs
- Dynamo for Revit – Open source graphical programming to expand and optimize BIM workflows
Few more features based on the working environment are,
- Conceptual Design Tools
- Analysis with Insight
- Architectural modeling
- Point cloud tools
- 3D design visualization
- Multi-story stairs
- Cloud rendering
Structural engineering and Fabrication
- A physical and analytical model
- Reinforcement detailing
- Structural steel modeling
- Bidirectional linking with analysis
- Dynamo for structural engineering
- Linking with steel fabrication
MEP Engineering and Fabrication
- HVAC design and documentation
- Electrical design and documentation
- Plumbing design and documentation
- MEP Fabrication detailing
- Insight Integration
- Fabrication service conversion
- Fabrication documentation
- Construction modeling
- Construction coordination
- Navisworks interoperability
- Import/Export 2D sheets
- Constructability details
- Fabrication for structural engineering
Revit is available in both free trial and premium versions. The free trial lasts for 30-days. The plans and prices are provided in the below screenshot.
Autodesk Revit is the best 3D parametric software exclusively to design the components of the building. It allows the designer to create better designs by providing the tools. It saves time and effort compared to other designing software. Basically, separate design software is used for different stages of designing. But when it comes to Revit, this one designing package will replace all of them. You are allowed to use the 2D design information as the basis for 3D models.
- Parametric Components
- Landscape Design
- Energy Efficient Design
- Huge Library
- Heavy Focus on Structural Design
- Difficult Perspective Editing
Choosing the best Building Information Modelling (BIM) helps you to reduce errors and risk while designing. Revit is one of them. Its intuitive user interface is one of the reasons for the faster growth of Revit in the designing platform. It provides a lot of interesting and professional tools that make the designers opt for Revit. This is a trustworthy application and used by most of the popular designing companies.
I hope this tutorial, What is Revit, What Revit is used for, Revit Review, helped you to get complete information about the best Building Information Modelling software. If you like this article, please share it and follow WhatVwant on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube for more Technical tips.
- READ MORE – Perimeter 81 review: Best Zero Trust Network VPN Business Alternative
- Top 7 Researched Group Video Chat Software or Apps At No Cost or Reliable Cost
What is Revit, What is Revit used for, Revit Review – FAQs
Can I learn Revit on my own?
As one of the most-used BIM software products around the world, there are a large number of tutorials and online courses that help you to learn on your own.
How long does Revit take to learn?
Most users would agree that if you have experience with architecture software and a hearty work ethic, Revit will take about 3 months to be able to navigate with confidence.
Can you get Revit for free?
Students can access free software to download at home. You will need an email account and will have to create an account at this website before the download can happen.
How long is Revit free trial?
Try Revit free for 30 days.